Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NullPointerException in BeansConfig.init

Hi !

Using Spring IDE 2.0.0.v200706271108 with Eclipse 3.3 I got the following NPE . I think, the NPE occurres after a build took place. Anyone knows what could be wrong?

Code:
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    	at org.springframework.ide.eclipse.beans.core.internal.model.BeansConfig.init(BeansConfig.java:504)
    	at org.springframework.ide.eclipse.beans.core.internal.model.BeansConfig.<init>(BeansConfig.java:158)
    	at org.springframework.ide.eclipse.beans.core.internal.model.BeansProject.addConfig(BeansProject.java:208)
    	at org.springframework.ide.eclipse.beans.core.internal.project.BeansProjectDescriptionHandler.endElement(BeansProjectDescriptionHandler.java:145)
    	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
    	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source)
    	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
    	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
    	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
    	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
    	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    	at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    	at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
    	at org.springframework.ide.eclipse.beans.core.internal.project.BeansProjectDescriptionReader.read(BeansProjectDescriptionReader.java:62)
    	at org.springframework.ide.eclipse.beans.core.internal.model.BeansProject.populateModel(BeansProject.java:457)
    	at org.springframework.ide.eclipse.beans.core.internal.model.BeansProject.getConfigs(BeansProject.java:284)
    	at org.springframework.ide.eclipse.beans.core.internal.model.BeansModel.getConfigs(BeansModel.java:185)
    	at org.springframework.ide.eclipse.beans.core.internal.model.BeansModelUtils.isBeanClass(BeansModelUtils.java:1196)
    	at org.springframework.ide.eclipse.beans.ui.model.BeansModelLabelDecorator.decorateJavaElement(BeansModelLabelDecorator.java:146)
    	at org.springframework.ide.eclipse.beans.ui.model.BeansModelLabelDecorator.decorate(BeansModelLabelDecorator.java:73)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.decorators.LightweightDecoratorDefinition.decorate(LightweightDecoratorDefinition.java:259)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.decorators.LightweightDecoratorManager$LightweightRunnable.run(LightweightDecoratorManager.java:71)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:857)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.decorators.LightweightDecoratorManager.decorate(LightweightDecoratorManager.java:336)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.decorators.LightweightDecoratorManager.getDecorations(LightweightDecoratorManager.java:322)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.decorators.DecorationScheduler$1.ensureResultCached(DecorationScheduler.java:369)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.decorators.DecorationScheduler$1.run(DecorationScheduler.java:329)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
    BTW there is some other strange behaviour, that might be related to that issue. I have a spring.xml that contained an invalid bean classname, which was detected by Spring IDE (correct). But after I fixed the error in the XML-File, Spring IDE still reported the same error. Even cleaning the Eclipse project,that contained the file, and restarting Eclipse, doesn't help... (I'm only using the "Beans validator" in my project, no webflow or AOP...)

Regards,
    Nils

Hi,

the NPE has been fixed already. Please give one of the latest nightly builds a try. You can find the nightly update site at http://springide.org/updatesite_nightly.

The problem with invalid validation should also be fixed with the latest builds. If not you can always try the new context menu action "Validate" which is available in Spring and Project Explorer if you select any of the elements.

Christian

Comment

Thanks. Seems to work.

Nils

Comment

Working...
      X