X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WebFlow error markers not being cleared

Using the latest Plug-in under Eclipse 3.3, markers (little red Xs) get set when editing a workflow when you make a mistake or refer to a state that you have not yet created.

They do not get cleared when you fix the mistake. Eventually, your file gets full of spurious markers so it is hard to find the real ones.
    The only way to get rid of them is to shutdown Eclipse and go into Eclipse's metadata and delete the .markers file.

This gets rid of all of your markers in all of your files which is not a "good thing". They do come back when you edit the file if the errors are still there so it is not fatal. It is a PITA.
    Is this a known bug?

Hi,

what version are you using? The latest from the nightly update site or the 2.0 release version. We have changed some stuff since the 2.0 release that should make error validation more robust.

Can you please try the latest nightly build? Besides fixing the automatic validation while saving a file, you get a "Validate" context menu action in the Spring and Project Explorer.

HTH

Christian

Comment

I have been using the release Version: 2.0.0.v200706271108
      It is very nice in general and I do not think that I am having too many problems.
      Perhaps I will be even happier with the updated version.
      I would prefer to wait for the release since I do not want to mess up my Eclipse plug-in directory with manual downloads that do not clean up the older versions.
      Eclipse is great except for its plug-in management tools which are unbelievably fragile compared to the sophistication and robustness of the rest of Eclipse.

When will the first maintenance release of the IDE be available?

Comment

When will the first maintenance release of the IDE be available?
        Looking at our ticket list for 2.0.1 I don't see anything blocking at the moment. Though Torsten and I still have some work in progress that we want to include in the next release. I would anticipate that we release a first maintenance version in 2-3 weeks.

HTH

Christian

Comment

I will be happy to wait.
          You are doing a great job. Very nice environment to work in.

Ron

Comment

Working...
          X