Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weired, try using this http://build.springframework.org:808...tesite_nightly as eclipse update site.

Thanks

Christian

Comment

Yup, that did it. Thanks!!!!!!

Comment

Yup, that did it. Thanks!!!!!!
        Do you mean the update site worked and/or the issue is fixed ;-)

Christian

Comment

Sorry. The update worked and the issue is fixed.

Comment

Well, I have come back to using <aop:...> and again am seeing the build path error. I think this time the cause a bit different.

In one of our projects we need to import eclipse output-directory instead of depending on directly on the project. (That particular is a legacy project that has lots of conflicting jars that would cause the spring natured project not to work correctly).

When I add an <aop:aspectj-autoproxy/> and an aspect bean I get errors indicating that classes cannot be found. The classes, like I said, are those that the spring project depends on via a library dependency to an output directory. The classes in question are visible to the java project, just not to spring-ide.

Let me know if this description is muddled or if you need more info. (BTW, I am using the dev build that you pointed me to last time.)

thanks!

-barry

Comment

Hi,

can you provide me the .classpath and .project files of the projects under question or even two test projects? That would help me rebuilding your setup.

Thanks in advance,

Christian

Comment

I was able to reproduce the error you described with linked binary folders (see ticket 688). The fix is available from the CI build system or tomorrow's nightly build.

Can you please double check if the issue is solved for you so we can release 2.0.1.

Christian

Comment

Confirmed working against "build-322/updatesite_nightly". Thanks again Christian!

-barry

(BTW, when you release this you might want to mention that the eclipse jmx plugins will probably need to be installed as prereqs).

Comment

Hi Barry,

go to hear that it is working...

(BTW, when you release this you might want to mention that the eclipse jmx plugins will probably need to be installed as prereqs).
                    I'm not aware that Spring IDE does have any dependency to JMX plugins. Did the update manager gave you a related error message?

Christian

Comment

I'Did the update manager gave you a related error message?
                      Yes. I'm not sure what feature was the trigger. But I just selected the eclipse update site along with local CI update site and selected the two jmx features. Then all was good.

Of course, sometimes eclipse will have existing plugins that depend on plugins that are not already included the eclipse instance. And when attempting to install a new unrelated plugin, eclipse will then complain about the missing dependencies. In fact, this was the case the 3.3 JEE distribution. In order to add /any/ other plugins to that distribution, a bunch of persistence related plugins needed to be first installed. So this could be the case here. I did not try to figure it out, I just installed the jmx features.

-barry

Comment

This might be dormant thread, but the problem has stopped me for more than one day already. The problem I have is errors in my project's applicationContenxt.xml. There are 10 such errors in total, one is for "Component-scan" statement, and other 9 for bean definitions.

I just realized their existence in the applicationContext.xml, and do not know what changes in the project triggered these. One thing I am sure is that I have not made any changes to the applicationContext.xml file itself.

The error message is "Build path is incomplete. Cannot find class file for org/SandRiver/commons/ActivityStatus"

1. I double checked, both java and class files are in correct directory.
                        2. While some bean definitions have this error message, others do not. Almost all classes in the project extends ActivityStatus
                        3. There are also cases where missing of other class files are the problems, but most of the time, it is ActivityStatus.
                        4. This is eclipse Indigo, in J2EE perspective.

Any suggestions/advices are greatly appreciated

John Zhu
                        Last edited by [email protected]; Feb 6th, 2013, 04:24 PM.

Comment

A follow up. My problem has been resolved. The error was caused by the following sequence of events:
                          1. In order to consolidate shared classes, I created a jar file, put it in the lib, set build-path etc.
                          2. I then removed the directory in eclipse which housed the classes in the jar file.
                          3. I then updated my applicationContext.xml by removing corresponding component-scan of the removed direcotry/package.
                          this step turns out to the mistake.

The solution is to put back the component-scan statement in applicationContext.xml. Even though the directory has been removed, the scan statement (I am speculating now) instructed eclipse to scan corresponding jar file.

Regards,

John

Comment

Hey John!

Can you maybe attach a set of sample projects that reproduce the problem?
                            The error indicates that the mentioned class is somehow not accessible from the application context (not on the classpath of the project), but since you mentioned that the class is there, I would love to take a look at this in more detail.

Thanks for your help!
                            -Martin

Comment

Martin,

Thanks for following up my question. I posted a followup later when I found the problem: I
                              accidentally removed a "Component-scan" from my application-Context.xml when I extracted
                              java files in a directory into a jar file. After I restall the "component-scan" statement, the
                              problem was resolved.

Do you want me comment out "component-scan" to reproduce the error?

Regards

John

Comment

Hey John!

Would be interesting to see your exact setup in case the error comes back after commenting out the "component-scan". Do you think it would be possible to extract a sample setting for this that I could take a look at? That would be wonderful...!!!

Cheers,
                                -Martin

Comment

Working...
                                X