Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot use webflow.xml without import element

Spring Ide 2.0 final cannot find beans defined outside of webflow.xml
    Why it cannot try to find them from defined config sets defined in .springBeans?
    Is there any possibility how to handle it without specifying import element in each webflow.xml file?
    I Cannot specify it, because path differ in build form from source form.

My structure of project is

conf/
    flow/webflowsFiles*.xml

conf/
    action-servlet.xml
    RootContextBeans.xml

It produce errors like:
    Referenced action method "bindAndValidate" cannot be found or is not a valid action method project/conf/flows administration-flow.xml

From my point of view is blocker for using Spring IDE 2.0, which makes me really unhappy. While 2.0 has many interesting features.

Thank you for your soon fix.
    Best regards,
    Andrej Zachar

Hi,

Why it cannot try to find them from defined config sets defined in .springBeans?
    This is what Spring IDE will do if you tell it which Config and/or Config Set to take. Go to the Spring -> Web Flow support perference page of your project and link a flow file to a Config and/or Config Set by using the Edit dialog.

That way Spring IDE will know about the relationship between flow files and bean configurations.

HTH

Christian

Comment

Still doesn't work :'(

Hey guys,

I am having the exact same problem. I have tried, as you suggested, linking the flow to a config file with my beans in it. The flow shows the linked xml config below it in the Spring Explorer but still has all the same errors. For a while I even had the mouse over in the editor showing the details of the specific bean but the errors were still there. After I did what you said its not even recognizing the bean details now? I would like to get this fixed but its not really mission critical because it runs fine in tomcat, it just doesn't work right with Spring IDE.
      Thanks,
      Justen

Comment

It's important to me

I'm having the same problem and would like to see it fixed. Is there any JIRA/Tracking site, where I can register my vote

Dave

Comment

Any development on this?

I posted on the Spring Web Flow forum about this http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=50537 but then realised that I could still run the flow even though the "cannot be found" errors are still showing in Eclipse.

I have my flow listed in my project Properties - Spring > Web Flow Support

The config files containing the bean definitions are included in project Properties - Spring > Beans Support (Config Files & in 'Web' Config Set)

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong or is this a Spring IDE issue?

Comment

No development that I'm aware of; however, I have not been using/following the Spring IDE - just plugging away without it. Just hand coding the xml flows...

Regards,
            Dave

Comment

I have my flow listed in my project Properties - Spring > Web Flow Support

The config files containing the bean definitions are included in project Properties - Spring > Beans Support (Config Files & in 'Web' Config Set)
              There is one bit missing that should do the trick for you: Assigne the Config Set to the flow definitions using Project Properties -> Spring -> Web Flow Support (Config Files -> Edit... -> "Link Spring Bean config or config set".

HTH

Christian

Comment

Nice one! Thanks for the response.

Comment

Working...
                X