X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Spring Logo in Eclipse's about dialog

I've installed Spring IDE 2.0 on my Eclipse 3.2.2 as described here, but after restarting Eclipse I don't see Spring Logo Eclipse's about dialog, neither I can see "Add Spring Project Nature" menu item on my projects. However, I can see all Spring Plug-ins on Eclipse's "Plug-in Details" screen.

Do you know what I did wrong and how I can fix that?

I found this in the FAQ:
    1.1 Which versions of Java are supported?

JDK 1.4.1 and above

Starting with Spring IDE 2.0 Java 1.5 is required.
    Hm... so I have to work with Spring IDE 1.3.6, because we won't be migrating to Java 1.4 anytime soon.

What is the reason for Spring IDE 2.0 to work only with Java 1.5, when Spring 2.0.x works fine with Java 1.4?

Comment

...and Spring IDE 1.3.6 seems to be useless to me, cause it's failing to parse config files with <util:constant> elements. Sad.

Comment

I think you are aware of this: The JDK that runs your Eclipse does not need to be the same as the one you compile, develop or run your applications with.

And more and more Eclipse projects required Java 5 as well; e.g. Mylyn. Therefore it shouldn't be a big problem to use JDK 5 to run "only" Eclipse. If it is you should start working around/against these.

Christian
        Last edited by Christian Dupuis; Jun 29th, 2007, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Thanks, cdupuis! I've been always using the same version of Java to run Eclipse and compile my projects... not that I didn't know that's possible, just never did it like that. I'll give it a try next week. Thanks, again.

Comment

Working...
          X