X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring IDE and Maven: Config Files and Config File Sets

Is there a way to generate Spring IDE Config Files and Config File Sets using Maven? I can't find any instructions or FAQ on how to generate the .springBeans through Maven.

Hi,

actually there is not maven plugin that can create .springBeans and .springWebflow configuration files. But I think that feature is desired by many developers out there. So heed over to our ticketing system and open a feature request. I think we can find the time to implement such a thing after the 2.0 final release.

But I still wonder how the maven plugin should determine which xml files should be a Spring configuration file? And what about Config sets. Certainly we could add a configuration section to the pom.xml.

WDYT?

Christian

Comment

Thank You

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I will definitely open a feature request.

Regarding the determination of XML files, adding a configuration section is a good idea. Perhaps it can be similar to the Maven "resources" build element wherein one can specify the directory, exclude list, include list, as well as have wildcard support.

Thanks,

abdizhur

Comment

Currently, I'm checking in my .springBeans and .springWebflow to my SCM, which would work fine but the .springWebflow file contains references to the Eclipse project name in the <beans-config> tag. That forces other developers to use the same project name when checking out the project. Does that project name need to be in the .springWebflow file?

Comment

Originally posted by jerkoch View Post
          Does that project name need to be in the .springWebflow file?
          Not always but sometimes. Otherwise we have no chance to specify dependencies to other projects.

Btw. in .springBeans project names are used in config sets as well (references to configs in other projects).

Comment

Where can I find the Maven/Eclipse plugin?

Originally posted by Christian Dupuis View Post
            But I still wonder how the maven plugin should determine which xml files should be a Spring configuration file? And what about Config sets. Certainly we could add a configuration section to the pom.xml.
            Where can I find more information about the Maven plugin for Eclipse? For right now, I am OK without the spring config file configuration; I just want to have the project nature added as a start.

Thanks,
            Tom

Comment

Tom,

Where can I find more information about the Maven plugin for Eclipse? For right now, I am OK without the spring config file configuration; I just want to have the project nature added as a start.
              Have a look here.

HTH.

Christian

Comment

For your information, I just deployed the first SNAPSHOT of a springide maven plugin :

http://mojo.codehaus.org/springide-maven-plugin/

It will generate the .springBeans and .settings configuration based on spring context files found in the project source/resource folders.

It also adds the spring nature if required (also see the eclipse plugin additionalNature parameter)

Comment

What is the status of this? Maven was unable to locate it based on the usage instructions on the site. Is there more that needs to be configured, like a new repository?

thanks!

Originally posted by ndeloof View Post
                  For your information, I just deployed the first SNAPSHOT of a springide maven plugin....

Comment

If it does not work for you, I think it is best to open a JIRA issue at http://mojo.codehaus.org/springide-m...-tracking.html.

I haven't really tried it myself.

Christian

Comment

Originally posted by joatmon View Post
                      What is the status of this? Maven was unable to locate it based on the usage instructions on the site. Is there more that needs to be configured, like a new repository?

thanks!
                      You need to enable codehaus snapshots repository,
                      http://mojo.codehaus.org/using-sandbox-plugins.html

Comment

Originally posted by ndeloof View Post
                        You need to enable codehaus snapshots repository
                        Argh! I should have seen that. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X