X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eclipse 3.3rc2 SpringIDE 2.0m4 xml editor crash

Using the abovementioned cofiguration when opening spring xml files it crashed with little to no helpful message:

A stack overflow has occured.
    See the .log for more details.

After that another message box shows with:

Unhandled event loop exception (Time of error ...)
    Reason: java.lang.StackOverflow

I already tried with 20m3 release and also with 1.3.6 with same results...

Anybody can help...

Hi,

the stack over flow error has been fixed already and the fix should be available from the latest nightly builds.

Christian

Comment

Thanks Christian,

I am pretty spoiled by SpringIDE, and need this fix, where can I get it ?

P.S. Does SpringIDE use transparently ajdt present in eclipse or it bundles a proper version of it ?

Comment

I am pretty spoiled by Spring IDE, and need this fix, where can I get it?
        Use http://springide.org/updatesite_nightly as update site url within the Eclipse Update Manager and install a latest version.

P.S. Does Spring IDE use transparently ajdt present in eclipse or it bundles a proper version of it?
        No, Spring IDE does not bundle AJDT, neither is AJDT required to work with Spring IDE's AOP support features. You only need AJDT if you want to use the AJDT Visualizer and the Cross Reference View (I'm not talking about the Beans Cross References View which is part of Spring IDE).

Christian

Comment

Thanks Cristian,
          When will we see rc1 ?

Comment

Thanks Christian

Thanks for the fix Christian, it's been great to watch Spring IDE develop.

I'm using the latest release for the Spring Web Flow functionality, and even though I am now a semi veteran of the SWF XML config files, it's nice to now be able to use a decent wrapper around them... kinda reminds me of Spring before Spring IDE; Spring was good before helpful IDE hints/tips but now it's fantastic (and development time is reduced too).

So - great to see the new features and know that bugs like this are getting fixed quickly

Comment

Working...
            X