Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring IDE M3 - Web Flow support arrived

Hello community,

We are proud to announce the availability of the third milestone of Spring IDE 2.0. The release is available from the Eclipse Update Manager update site.

Here is a list of new and improved features:

Spring Beans support
    • Extended BeansCoreModel to support Spring collection types #486
    • Now inner beans and collection types are shown in BeansExplorer and ProjectExplorer
    • Added support for problem marker decoration on every model element #496
    • Added extension points to contribute extensions for custom Spring namespaces #474
    Spring Beans search
    • Integrated into JDT's class reference search (Shift+Ctrl+G) #495
    Spring AOP supportRefactoring support
    • Spring IDE install refactoring participants for Java class rename and move, package rename and property rename refactorings #481
    • BeansXmlEditor enables Java refactorings for Bean class rename and move and property rename; select a bean or property element and hit the common key bindings Crtl+Alt+R and Crtl+Alt+V #482
    • Support for refactoring Bean ids #232
    Web Flow support
    • Added content assist and hyperlink navigation for Spring Web Flow flow definition files and flow namespace in Spring 2.0 namespace-enabled bean configuration files #95 in WebflowXmlEditor (this was a two years old ticket, yeah!)
    • Graphical Editor for creating and editing Spring Web Flow configration files #174, #253
    Please note that this release contains lots of new features that need through testing and user feedback. That is especially true for the Web Flow support.

Please make sure that you provide us with your thoughts and feedback to help further improve Spring IDE on its way to 2.0 final. Enter your bug reports in our ticket system.

Users of our nightly builds need to do a clean install of Spring IDE 2.0 M3

With our nightly builds for Spring IDE M3 we had to update the spring.jar within the plugin "org.springframework" a few times to adopt the changes Juergen made to enhance Spring's tooling API.

Therefore users of the previous nightly builds should (at least) delete the plugin "org.springframework" from their local Eclipse installation and and reinstall it from the Spring IDE updatesite or the archived updatesite. Otherwise they might run into issues like the one from ticket #506.

Cheers

Torsten & Christian
    Last edited by Torsten Juergeleit; Mar 13th, 2007, 11:35 AM. Reason: Added info regarding clean install for nightly build users

Originally posted by cdupuis View Post
    Hello community,

We are proud to announce the availability of the third milestone of Spring IDE 2.0. The release is available from the Eclipse Update Manager update site.
    For various reasons I won't bore you with, I cannot do the update via the update manager accessing a remote site.

I downloaded springide_updatesite_dev_2.0-m3_v200703130137.zip and installed that via the update manager "archived site" option, on a completely new Eclipse WTP install. The update went fine, and I can see it installed OK in my configuration history, but I have no Spring IDE functions within Eclipse.

Is there anything special I need to do ?

Comment

Hi Paul,

I just check the archived update site and found no errors. I downloaded WTP-all-in-one and installed the M3 update site as "Archived Site".

After restarting Eclipse I have all Spring IDE features enabled.

Can you post or send your Eclipse configuration details and error log?

Thanks

Christian

Comment

Originally posted by cdupuis View Post
        Hi Paul,

I just check the archived update site and found no errors. I downloaded WTP-all-in-one and installed the M3 update site as "Archived Site".

After restarting Eclipse I have all Spring IDE features enabled.

Can you post or send your Eclipse configuration details and error log?

Thanks

Christian
        It turned out to be me having a 1.4 JDK in my windows path - I forgot about the 1.5 pre-req. All works fine now ta.

Comment

I did exactly the following:
          1. I downloaded WTP-all-in-one
          2. installed the M3 update site as "Archived Site".
          3. Set a 1.5 JRE as the only installed JRE.

Nothing seems wrong during the installation. However, I cannot see anything related to Spring after I click File -> New -> Project. I cannot see the Add Spring Project Nature menu either. In short, the only thing about Spring I can see is the Help content/Spring Documentation. I am running Windows XP. I checked the plugin folder. Sprng IDE plugins are there. Anybody has any idea about the problem?

Thanks,

Qingsheng

Comment

Originally posted by Qingsheng_Gao View Post
            Anybody has any idea about the problem?
            Please make sure that you are running Eclipse with Java 5 (check the system property "java.runtime.version" in Eclipse's configuration details -> Help > About > Configuration Details). Otherwise Spring IDE will silently fail because it's plugins aren't loaded.

Check Eclipse's error log (Window > Show View > Other > PDE Runtime > Error Log) for any Spring IDE-related errors.

Comment

Thanks to Torsten Juergeleit. I edited my Window's path environment variable and put JDK 1.5 in front, and everything works. Previously I misunderstood what Paul Newport said, "It turned out to be me having a 1.4 JDK in my windows path". He was clear. I just misunderstood it.

Comment

Hi everybody. I am downloaded from M3_update_site
                And installed as New Archived file in Eclipse. I'm using JBossIDE 2.0.0 Beta2. So there is when I'm trying to create New->Other(or just project) there is only Spring->Spring Project. No classes, no "Web Flow support". Absolutely no features. Is it right and maybe i don't understand smth. Or I am doing smth wrong?

Oh. I forgot. I'm using Windows XP.

Comment

Originally posted by Quessir View Post
                  So there is when I'm trying to create New->Other(or just project) there is only Spring->Spring Project. No classes, no "Web Flow support". Absolutely no features. Is it right and maybe i don't understand smth. Or I am doing smth wrong?
                  Everything is fine. Spring IDE doesn't provide any Spring-related wizards yet.

Comment

And what makes me to use it? It doesn't make me easier to create web-apps with Spring. It's better for me create dynamic web-projects and integrate it with Spring.

How can I use Spring IDE to create web-apps (e.g. with Spring MVC )?

Comment

Originally posted by Quessir View Post
                      And what makes me to use it? It doesn't make me easier to create web-apps with Spring.
                      Maybe Spring IDE brings other stuff to the table than only wizards

Comment

Working...
                      X