Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
help - Spring plugh in with WSAD 5.1.2 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • help - Spring plugh in with WSAD 5.1.2

    I am new in spring. I want to get and install the plug in for WSAD 5.1.2 so that it helps me in creating beans and manage XMLs. I found a thread here asking to install http//springframework.sourceforge.net/spring-ide/eclipse/updatesite/ in WSAD installing but somehow it does not work. I guess it is pretty old thread. Can any one send me the steps to do this ? I want Spring 2. Regards, Ava

  • #2
    Originally posted by avadesh1 View Post
    I am new in spring. I want to get and install the plug in for WSAD 5.1.2 so that it helps me in creating beans and manage XMLs. I found a thread here asking to install http//springframework.sourceforge.net/spring-ide/eclipse/updatesite/ in WSAD installing but somehow it does not work. I guess it is pretty old thread. Can any one send me the steps to do this ? I want Spring 2. Regards, Ava
    You have no chance I am afraid.

    WSAD 5.1.2 is Eclipse 2 based. It's successor is RAD 6 which is Eclipse 3.0 based.

    The Spring IDE plugin requires Java 5 (not supported by WSAD or RAD) and Eclipse 3.1 or above.

    By the way having used WSAD and RAD extensively it's worth pointing out that Eclipse 3.2 with WTP and the Spring IDE is actually a lot more productive than RAD or WSAD, and is of course free. This is not to knock either of those products, but the huge amount of plugins from WTP, and the ability to have the Spring IDE installed, swing the balance in favour of Eclipse.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Paul Newport View Post
      The Spring IDE plugin requires Java 5 (not supported by WSAD or RAD) and Eclipse 3.1 or above.
      The current version 1.3.6 of Spring IDE requires at least Java 1.4.1, Eclipse 3.1 and WebTools 1.0.x. Starting with Spring IDE 2.0 the requirements are Java 5, Eclipse 3.2 and WebTools 1.5.x.

      With WSAD 5.1.2 (based on Eclipse 2) only Spring IDE 1.1.1 can be used.

      Support for version 2.0 of the Spring Framework will be available with with the upcoming version 2.0 of Spring IDE.

      For details please refer to Spring IDE's installation guide or FAQ.
      Last edited by Torsten Juergeleit; Mar 7th, 2007, 09:45 AM. Reason: updated requirement of WebTools for Spring IDE 2.0

      Comment


      • #4
        Well corrected, I had forgotten version 1 of the IDE even existed ;-)

        FYI Rad 7 is Eclipse 3.2 based so anyone wanting to upgrade from WSAD to RAD should consider skipping RAD 6 and going straight to RAD 7
        Last edited by Paul Newport; Mar 7th, 2007, 10:45 AM. Reason: added RAD 7 comment

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks .. looks like then I have to do everything by myseld in WSAD5.1.2 .

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by avadesh1 View Post
            Thanks .. looks like then I have to do everything by myseld in WSAD5.1.2 .
            It should be possible to open up a WSAD workspace in Eclipse, use the Spring IDE to help you out, and then bail out again into WSAD.

            I do this all the time with swapping between RAD and Eclipse.

            Comment

            Working...
            X