X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble see Spring config files

Hello, I recently installed the Spring IDE to Eclipse using the advice found here:

http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=11468

However, now when I create a Spring project and try to add the Spring Config files, there are no files there. I assume I need to also add the Spring framework as a plug-in to Eclipse, but to be honest, I'm not sure how. I downloaded the framework, but now I'm not sure what to do next. Can someone lead me to some documentation for how to install the entire framework?

Originally posted by Bart69 View Post
    Hello, I recently installed the Spring IDE to Eclipse using the advice found here:

http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=11468

However, now when I create a Spring project and try to add the Spring Config files, there are no files there. I assume I need to also add the Spring framework as a plug-in to Eclipse, but to be honest, I'm not sure how. I downloaded the framework, but now I'm not sure what to do next. Can someone lead me to some documentation for how to install the entire framework?
    There is no Spring framework plugin, just the Spring IDE. To install the Spring framework, just add spring.jar to the classpath of your project....

The spring config files you mention are your application contexts, which you can hand code, or use all the assistance built into the Spring IDE. The IDE editors help you a lot once you have created them, but you need to create the files for yourself first.

Try creating a project, add spring.jar to the build path, in Eclipse install the latest nightly build of the Spring IDE, right click on the project and add spring project nature, then right click on the project, and go into the spring configuration for it, and add in say "applicationContext.xml" that you have previously created with all your bean definitions in it.

Now you can CTRL-SPACE at will with the context file, refactor beans, do show graph to render the dependencies etc.

Comment

Working...
    X