X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by manifoldronin View Post
    Well, until JST/WST was installed, I couldn't see anything related to Spring IDE. "Anything" as in I couldn't even add the Spring nature. Doesn't sound very "optional" to me.
    You're right. Starting with Spring IDE 2.0 one must install WST. Introducing this dependency allowed us to drop our own version of the Xerces XML parser shipped with Spring IDE's Core plugin and leverage the Xerces plugin from WLST instead.

So we have to update the list of required software for Spring IDE 2.0

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by Torsten Juergeleit View Post
      Please provide the full stacktrace (we need the line numbers :-). You can post it here or better add it to the ticket Christian has created for this issue.
      As far as I can see there is no stacktrace (at least I can't find any in the .log file or console view. There is an error entry in the Problems view (the one that I copied abbreviated in my original post). Here is the original item directly copied from the Problems view:

Code:
      Severity and Description	Path	Resource	Location	Creation Time	Id
      Unexpected exception parsing XML document from file [C:/workspace_test/test/src/applicationContext.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving method "org.springframework.ide.eclipse.core.io.xml.LineNumberPreservingDOMParser.setEntityResolver(Lorg/xml/sax/EntityResolver;)V" the class loader (instance of org/eclipse/osgi/internal/baseadaptor/DefaultClassLoader) of the current class, org/springframework/ide/eclipse/core/io/xml/XercesDocumentLoader, and the class loader (instance of org/eclipse/osgi/internal/baseadaptor/DefaultClassLoader) for resolved class, org/springframework/ide/eclipse/core/io/xml/LineNumberPreservingDOMParser, have different Class objects for the type org/xml/sax/EntityResolver used in the signature	test/src	applicationContext.xml	Unknown	1170061696236	3
      The same behavior occurs using a fresh Eclipse 3.3M4/WTP2.0M4 (and deps) installation using a clean (brand new) workspace.

Spring IDE version is: 2.0.0.v200701250610

I tried both Java 1.6 and 1.5 -- no difference.

Thank you -- und Gre nach Frankfurt!
      Sebastian

Comment

Originally posted by sbeigel View Post
        There is an error entry in the Problems view (the one that I copied abbreviated in my original post). Here is the original item directly copied from the Problems view:

Code:
        Severity and Description	Path	Resource	Location	Creation Time	Id
        Unexpected exception parsing XML document from file [C:/workspace_test/test/src/applicationContext.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving method "org.springframework.ide.eclipse.core.io.xml.LineNumberPreservingDOMParser.setEntityResolver(Lorg/xml/sax/EntityResolver;)V" the class loader (instance of org/eclipse/osgi/internal/baseadaptor/DefaultClassLoader) of the current class, org/springframework/ide/eclipse/core/io/xml/XercesDocumentLoader, and the class loader (instance of org/eclipse/osgi/internal/baseadaptor/DefaultClassLoader) for resolved class, org/springframework/ide/eclipse/core/io/xml/LineNumberPreservingDOMParser, have different Class objects for the type org/xml/sax/EntityResolver used in the signature	test/src	applicationContext.xml	Unknown	1170061696236	3
        Please double-click on the coresponding entry in the problems view and copy the stacktrace from the problem details dialog.

Comment

Please double-click on the coresponding entry in the problems view and copy the stacktrace from the problem details dialog.
          ?! For me, double-clicking an entry in the problems view opens the file containing the error.

Even the entry's properties (context menu -> Properties) doesn't give more information than what I posted already.

Where can I find the actual stack trace?

Sebastian

Comment

Originally posted by sbeigel View Post
            ?! For me, double-clicking an entry in the problems view opens the file containing the error.
            You're right. I mixed up the Problems view with the Error Log view...
            So if the Error Log view is empty then we're out of luck

But regarding the issue you're seeing I added my take on this to the corresponding ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by cdupuis View Post

Can you please verify that again .

Christian
              Looks like the browser or ISP cached the old update site. I hit refresh.....

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Newport View Post
                Looks like the browser or ISP cached the old update site. I hit refresh.....
                Is it working now?

Christian

Comment

But regarding the issue you're seeing I added my take on this to the corresponding ticket.
                  You are right -- I've created a test project w/out any Spring JARs, just a Java Project with Spring Project Nature and one configured Spring config file and there's no LinkageError and the completion works for all beans (including XSD-style bean definitions).

Of course, a Spring project w/out the Spring library (and its deps) seems not very practical... LOL

Edit: Ooops... the LinkageError is not gone! After playing with the config file, several editings and savings it re-appeared But the navigation/completion still works (it didn't in my other projects w/ the same error).

Sebastian
                  Last edited by sbeigel; Jan 30th, 2007, 07:51 AM.

Comment

I finally got time to play around with this version. I have 2 strange things I noticed.

First we have several unnamed beans (some BeansPostProcessorm, some application listeners). In the old version this wasn't a problem in the new version I get an error message 'Overrides another bean in config set', because we have multiple unnamed beans.

Secondly we have a lot of warnings regarding 'Class dependency is missing' while all the jars (even referenced ones like jms.jar) are on our/my classpath. Is this an error or just an undocumented feature .

If they are errors I'll create some issues in your issue system.

Comment

First we have several unnamed beans (some BeansPostProcessorm, some application listeners). In the old version this wasn't a problem in the new version I get an error message 'Overrides another bean in config set', because we have multiple unnamed beans.
                      Can you create a ticket for that at http://springide.org/project/newticket.

Secondly we have a lot of warnings regarding 'Class dependency is missing' while all the jars (even referenced ones like jms.jar) are on our/my classpath.
                      The AOP parsing gives that error if it can't load a class and all its dependencies from the project's classpath. There was a problem in M2 with linked projects and getting the classpath of linked projects. This has been fixed. Can you retry with the latest nigthly build?

Thanks for your help

Christian

Comment

Can you create a ticket for that at http://springide.org/project/newticket.
                        The AOP parsing gives that error if it can't load a class and all its dependencies from the project's classpath. There was a problem in M2 with linked projects and getting the classpath of linked projects. This has been fixed. Can you retry with the latest nigthly build?
                        We don't use linked project, however we use some User Libraries which contain a lot of jars. Will try the nightly build when I have the time.

Comment

We don't use linked project, however we use some User Libraries which contain a lot of jars. Will try the nightly build when I have the time.
                          User libraries should work as well. Let me know if it works for you.

Christian

Comment

I just did an update to the most recent nighlty build. The issue with the anonymous beans is resolved. However the issue with the Class dependency is still there.

Comment

I just did an update to the most recent nightly build. The issue with the anonymous beans is resolved.
                              That is good to hear.

However the issue with the Class dependency is still there.
                              Ok. we need to do more investigation here. Can you send - or attach to a ticket - your eclpise .classpath file and the part of the applicationContext.xml that is causing the problem. Furthermore it would be good to know what class Spring IDE is missing.

Thanks for your help.

Christian

Comment

Can you send - or attach to a ticket - your eclpise .classpath file and the part of the applicationContext.xml that is causing the problem. Furthermore it would be good to know what class Spring IDE is missing.
                                It isn't just one applicationContext, we have about 16 context files which make a config set. Some of those are imported with the import tag (mainly beanspostprocessors). The class which SpringIDE is missing is a whole list I'm afraid, I have a list of 535 warnings, with about 30/40 for 1 missing class.

I'll see what I can do.

A message has been sent, I wasn't comfortable on making configuration details public so an email is somewhere on the way.
                                Last edited by Marten Deinum; Feb 19th, 2007, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X