Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Spring IDE 2.0 M2 released Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Spring IDE 2.0 M2 released

    We have just released the second milestone release of the upcoming Spring IDE 2.0.

    This release adds some more features to the AOP support, e.g. support for AJDT's visualiser, inter-type declarations and Spring's advisor concept.

    Read more over at http://springide.org/project/wiki/SpringIde2Milestone2 and make sure that you direct your Eclipse Update Manager to http://springide.org/updatesite_dev.

  • #2
    I just installed M2 in Eclipse 3.2.1, when Eclipse starts the status shows it's configured properly, but the feature doesn't seem to actually have been loaded, i.e., I can't find any Spring IDE related menu items or views. It's a new installation, not an upgrade from M1. The only other plugin installed is subclipse. Nothing from .log.

    Any thoughts? Thanks.

    Comment


    • #3
      I went on and installed JST and WST from Callisto, and afterwards Spring IDE suddenly works too. Is there any dependency? Oddly Eclipse didn't give the dependency error when I tried to install Spring IDE though.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by manifoldronin View Post
        I went on and installed JST and WST from Callisto, and afterwards Spring IDE suddenly works too. Is there any dependency?
        WebTools is THE (optional) dependency. For details please refer to the installation guide.

        Originally posted by manifoldronin View Post
        Oddly Eclipse didn't give the dependency error when I tried to install Spring IDE though.
        Without WebTools Spring IDE is still working. But some features (mostly the BeansXmlEditor) are not available because they are depending on WebTools.

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi,

          it seems like SpringIDE 2.0M2 doesn't work w/ WTP 2.0M4. Can someone confirm?

          This is copied from the roadmap:
          This release will work with Eclipse 3.3M4 and WTP 2.0 M4.

          I'm using Eclipse 3.3M4 and WTP2.0M4 (and deps) and I get the following error:

          Code:
          Unexpected exception parsing XML document from file [.../applicationContext.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving method "org.springframework.ide.eclipse.core.io.xml.LineNumberPreservingDOMParser.setEntityResolver(Lorg/xml/sax/EntityResolver;)V" the class loader (...)
          Code navigation and completion seem to work, but I cannot auto-complete (or navigate) when the beans are declared using XSD/namespaces.

          For example having a bean like this:

          Code:
          <!-- Data Source -->
          <jee:jndi-lookup id="dataSource" jndi-name="java:comp/env/jdbc/myDs" />
          and trying to reference it here:

          Code:
          <bean id="entityManagerFactory" class="...">
              <property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource"/>
          ...
          Neither auto-completion the bean's name ("dataSource") nor navigating to it via Ctrl-Click is possible.

          The Spring config file is marked with an error "x" icon in the package explorer.


          Thank you,
          Sebastian

          Comment


          • #6
            Hi,

            actually I used exactly the same environment to do the development during the last couple of weeks. That seems to be some kind of version mismatch between the version we compiled and the version running. Seems that Spring IDE's Xml parser is having a hard time here.

            We'll have to look at that.

            Christian

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi,

              just FYI, using the latest nightly build (Spring IDE 2.0.0.v200701250610) doesn't solve the problem (for me ...

              Sebastian

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Torsten Juergeleit View Post
                We have just released the second milestone release of the upcoming Spring IDE 2.0.

                This release adds some more features to the AOP support, e.g. support for AJDT's visualiser, inter-type declarations and Spring's advisor concept.

                Read more over at http://springide.org/project/wiki/SpringIde2Milestone2 and make sure that you direct your Eclipse Update Manager to http://springide.org/updatesite_dev.
                Why is it that the site.xml on the update site still says category name="Spring IDE 2.0 M1"

                Is the version on the update site M1 or M2 ?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Still getting unable to cload class error

                  FYI I am still getting this when I try and open the beans explorer.

                  Code:
                  java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.ide.eclipse.beans.ui.navigator.BeansExplorer
                  	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:402)
                  	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:347)
                  	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:83)
                  	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)
                  	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:278)
                  	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:227)
                  	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1245)
                  With the latest daily build and with the labelled as M1 (perhaps M2) build from the dev update site. I think ticket 437 refers to this.
                  Last edited by Paul Newport; Jan 26th, 2007, 11:25 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Why is it that the site.xml on the update site still says category name="Spring IDE 2.0 M1"

                    Is the version on the update site M1 or M2 ?
                    Hmm, that is strange that you get Spring IDE 2.0 M1 as category. The site.xml on http://springide.org/updatesite_dev/site.xml says Spring IDE 2.0 M2 on the Spring IDE feature version 2.0.0.v200701250610 which is indeed the M2 release.

                    I haven't removed the M1.

                    Can you please verify that again .

                    Christian

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Paul Newport View Post
                      Why is it that the site.xml on the update site still says category name="Spring IDE 2.0 M1"

                      Is the version on the update site M1 or M2 ?
                      Within the site.xml are two categories defined:

                      Code:
                      <site>
                               :
                         <feature 
                             url="features/org.springframework.ide.eclipse_1.9.0.jar" 
                             id="org.springframework.ide.eclipse" version="1.9.0">
                             <category name="Spring IDE 2.0 M1"/>
                         </feature>
                      
                         <feature
                             url="features/org.springframework.ide.eclipse.feature_2.0.0.v200701250610.jar"
                             id="org.springframework.ide.eclipse.feature" version="2.0.0.v200701250610">
                             <category name="Spring IDE 2.0 M2" />
                         </feature> 
                      
                         <category-def name="Spring IDE 2.0 M1" label="Spring IDE 2.0 M1"/>
                         <category-def name="Spring IDE 2.0 M2" label="Spring IDE 2.0 M2"/>
                      </site>
                      So the category "Spring IDE 2.0 M2" refers to the new version.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hi Sebastian,

                        I've created a ticket at http://springide.org/project/ticket/448.

                        Btw. Gruesse nach Wiesbaden.

                        Christian

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by sbeigel View Post
                          Hi,

                          just FYI, using the latest nightly build (Spring IDE 2.0.0.v200701250610) doesn't solve the problem (for me ...

                          Sebastian
                          Please check the version number (especially the timestamp) of the installed Spring IDE feature and it's plugins via Eclipse's About menu.

                          As last resort you should delete all Spring IDE feature and plugins (org.springframework.ide.eclipse.*) from your Eclipse installation and re-install M2 via the update manager.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by sbeigel View Post
                            I'm using Eclipse 3.3M4 and WTP2.0M4 (and deps) and I get the following error:

                            Code:
                            Unexpected exception parsing XML document from file [.../applicationContext.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving method "org.springframework.ide.eclipse.core.io.xml.LineNumberPreservingDOMParser.setEntityResolver(Lorg/xml/sax/EntityResolver;)V" the class loader (...)
                            Please provide the full stacktrace (we need the line numbers :-). You can post it here or better add it to the ticket Christian has created for this issue.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Torsten Juergeleit View Post
                              WebTools is THE (optional) dependency. For details please refer to the installation guide.

                              Without WebTools Spring IDE is still working. But some features (mostly the BeansXmlEditor) are not available because they are depending on WebTools.
                              Well, until JST/WST was installed, I couldn't see anything related to Spring IDE. "Anything" as in I couldn't even add the Spring nature. Doesn't sound very "optional" to me.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X