X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring IDE and Eclipse 3.2 Callisto problem

I am trying to install the Spring IDE for Eclipse plug in. My Eclipse version is 3.2 Callisto (downloaded from IBM a few months ago). As I followed the installation instruction using remote update, I got this error message:

BIRT Reporting for TPTP Feature (4.2.0.v200606131519--1G955G5G7A7E7M) requires plug-in "org.eclipse.birt.core".

What does this mean and how can I resolve the problem?

Thanks.

I have it figured out. I have to run Callisto discovery first. It was at the very bottom of the installation guide.

Comment

Problem getting updates (eclipse+spring+geronimo)

Hi,

I downloaded the 3.2.2 Enterprise distro from IBM Callisto site, and experiencing the same problem when trying to select *any* new features to add via the "Callisto Discovery Site" site (or any other sites, for that matter) .

Would you care to share the detailed procedure you used to overcome this problem (BIRT Reporting for TPTP Feature 4.2.0.v200606131519--1G955G5G7A7E7M)
      requires plug-in "org.eclipse.birt.core".)

Thanks,
      Springtime

Comment

download problem solution

Springtime,

Basically I searched and found the BIRT download and I had to install it first. I was using Eclipse 3.2 (not 3.2.2) so the required software may be different though. Hope that helps.

Comment

Having trouble with M4

I am trying to use the Calisto Package install. I ran the update tool in eclipse and am getting the following error, "SpringIDE (2.0.0.v200705150600) requires features "org.eclipse.wst.xml_ui.feature(1.5.0), or latest version"

What do I have to install to get M4 installed and working?

Thanks inadvance.

Comment

Spring IDE and Eclipse 3.2 Callisto problem

Hi,

You might have to install the Eclipse Web Tool plugins and feature sets.

Go to eclipse web site and download/update the webtools project corresponding to your version of eclipse.

Hope this will help.

Comment

That did the trick

Yup, that was it. I installled the WTP and it worked like a charm. Gracias!

Comment

Working...
              X