Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eclipse 3.2.1+WTP+SpringIde+Spring 2.0

Hi All,
    Can I use SpringIDE 1.3.6 with Spring 2.0 dtd and schema's.
    I saw some screenshots about Spring2.0 dtd and using schema's. Is this already implemented or is that just a preview.?
    I tried to use with Spring2.0 DTD and it din't work? Am i missing some thing here.?

We are about to start new project with Spring 2.0 and in the process of setting up environment like Eclipse3.2.1/ WTP / and long with plug-in for SpringFramework.

any suggestion , how to go about it and which version of SpringIDE to use?

Regards
    John.

SpringIDE 1.x doesn't have support for the new Spring 2 schema style. However due to the nature of the editor you will still receive the ctrl-space support even on the new schemas.

Comment

Thanks Marten,
      The moment I change to Spring2.0 DTD or schema Eclipse starts cacheing resources from remote site i.e from www.springframework.org. We work in a remote / secure place where we don't have direct connection to Internet.
      Hence editor is not able to show any context sensitive help when I press ctrl+space.
      Is there any way that I can cache resource localy?

Thanks for your help in advance.
      John.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken you can tell the XML editor to retrieve the resource from somewhere else. You create an alias (so to say) for the original location. I currently use MyEclipse so I cannot assist you in that. However I guess it is mentioned on the eclipse WTP site.

Comment

Hi all,

here you can get some information how to define custom XML catalog entries using WTP http://springide.org/project/wiki/Be...rWithSpringTwo .

Hope that helps until we release a first preview of Spring IDE 2.0.......

Christian

Comment

Working...
          X