Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpringIDE - RAD6.. the Last Great Hope

Hi All,

Can I use SringIDE with its full graphical capabilities in RAD6?

I have SpringIDE 1.2.5 on RAD6 - which is built on Eclipse 3.0.22.

I note on this page:
    http://springide.org/project/wiki/SpringideInstall
    Eclipse 3.1 (or newer) is required to run Spring IDE with it's basic features (BeansView, BeansConfigValidator, BeansSearch). For Spring IDE's BeansGraph you have to install the corresponding version of Eclipse's Graphical Editing Framework (GEF).
    Does this really mean I am out of luck? :/

Otherwise I might just start running an Eclipse alongside RAD..

Rob

Yes, you're out of luck

Originally posted by Robert Mark Bram View Post
    Does this really mean I am out of luck? :/
    It seems so. Starting with Spring IDE 1.3.0 at least Eclipse 3.1 is required.

And things are getting worser for you: With Spring IDE 2.0 at least Eclipse 3.2 and Java 5 will be required.

Torsten

Comment

Originally posted by Torsten Juergeleit View Post
      It seems so. Starting with Spring IDE 1.3.0 at least Eclipse 3.1 is required.

And things are getting worser for you: With Spring IDE 2.0 at least Eclipse 3.2 and Java 5 will be required.

Torsten
      RAD 7 due out this year (!) is 3.2 based.

As a lot of application servers e.g. Websphere 6.0 and under and Geronimo only support Java 1.4 it looks like you will only be able to use the Spring IDE for Websphere 6.1 and RAD 7 which does count out a lot of commercial Java developers :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Newport View Post
        As a lot of application servers e.g. Websphere 6.0 and under and Geronimo only support Java 1.4 it looks like you will only be able to use the Spring IDE for Websphere 6.1 and RAD 7 which does count out a lot of commercial Java developers :-(
        While the slow adoption of Java 5 is reality on the enterprise's server-side I'm not sure if the situation is the same on the developer's workstation-side.

So let's start a poll on this.

Torsten

Comment

Working...
        X