Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't reference beans across multiple config files

Hi,

I'm playing with SpringIDE for the first time! Thank you for this nice plugin!

Unfortunately I have a problem: After adding for example 2 config files (in the project's Spring properties) I can't reference beans across multiple config files. Neither auto-completion nor validation work across multiple files (the auto-completion list contains local beans only, the validation succeeds for local beans but fails for "remote" ones).

To be honest, this renders the plugin almost useless for me

I use Eclipse 3.3M3, WTP2.0M3 and SpringIDE 1.3.6. Is SpringIDE 1.3.6 compatible w/ Eclipse 3.3 already? At least I don't see any errors in the .log-file...

Thanks,
    Sebastian

Spring IDE provides the notion of BeansConfigSets for solving this.

Torsten

Comment

Ah great, it works Thanks a lot!

After going through the "Guide" (where "Create Spring Beans Config File Sets" is marked as "optional", I didn't understand that the Config Sets were necessary to do this. It becomes obvious after reading the link you posted, maybe you could adapt the "Guide" page to make this a little clearer...

Thank you!
      Sebastian

Comment

Originally posted by sbeigel View Post
        After going through the "Guide" (where "Create Spring Beans Config File Sets" is marked as "optional", I didn't understand that the Config Sets were necessary to do this. It becomes obvious after reading the link you posted, maybe you could adapt the "Guide" page to make this a little clearer...
        Heh, it's a wiki. How about providing a more helpful description in the misleading paragraph of the "Guide" by yourself? :o

Torsten

Comment

Working...
        X