• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake validation error msg on using "PropertyPathFactory

Hi,

I have bean configurations like:
    Code:
      <bean id="verticalTabletGrassFileWriter"
    	    class="com.sjv.iptools.export.vtablet.support.VerticalTabletGrassFileWriter"
    		lazy-init="true">
    		<constructor-arg index="0">
    			<bean class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPathFactoryBean">
    			  <property name="targetBeanName"><value>exportConfig</value></property>
    			  <property name="propertyPath"><value>outputDir</value></property>
    			</bean>
    		</constructor-arg>
      </bean>
    The ide plugin reports the following fake error msg:

Severity Description Resource In Folder Location Creation Time
    2 No setter for property 'targetBeanName' defined in class 'com.sjv.iptools.export.vtablet.support.VerticalTa bletGrassFileWriter' exporter-application-context.xml SJVIP/main/src/java/com/sjv/iptools/export/ctx line 176 November 17, 2004 4:40:23 PM
    2 No setter for property 'propertyPath' defined in class 'com.sjv.iptools.export.vtablet.support.VerticalTa bletGrassFileWriter' exporter-application-context.xml SJVIP/main/src/java/com/sjv/iptools/export/ctx line 177 November 17, 2004 4:40:23 PM
    Could somebody help on this, thanks a lot.

I know this issue. The current version of the plugin has problems with the validation of inner beans. You might safely ignore errors like this for the time being.

The upcoming version however addresses this. So stay tuned (no I do not know when it will be released).

Regards,
    Andreas

Comment

Hi,

I'm very new to Spring. I installed Spring IDE plugin on Eclipse 3.0 on OS X. I was able to see the Spring Bean view. EVen the error marker is coming in my config files when i save but i couldn't see the corresponding error message in task view under 'Problems'.

As i saw you using Spring IDE on OS X, i thought i'll post it here.

Could someone point out what's the problem?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by spring04
        EVen the error marker is coming in my config files when i save but i couldn't see the corresponding error message in task view under 'Problems'.
        You have to enable the problem type "Spring Problem Marker" in the filter setting of your "Problem" view. It seems to be disabled by default. Afterwards you will see the messages.

Regards,
        Andreas

Comment

Thanks very much Andreas for your tip.

Now i'm able to see the problem messages.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X