Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto-completion in Eclipse 3.2/WTP1.5

Hi,
    I realize this may have already be answered, but I can't find a post about it.
    I started using SpringIDE with Eclipse 3.1.x and WTP 1.0.x and found the auto-completion and validation in the config files very useful. Recently I upgraded to Eclipse 3.2/WTP 1.5.x and found I could not auto-complete and bean-specific validation doesn't seem to work either. Has anyone run into this problem? Am I doing something wrong? I haven't tried Eclipse 3.2/WTP 1.0.x, but would prefer to stay with current releases of each. SpringIDE version I am currently using is 1.3.6. Otherwise, I'm very impressed at how this has helped me become productive in Spring.

Thanks,
    topher

Hi,

For me Eclipse 3.2.0 and WTP 1.5.1 is working without any problems. Have you tried the all-in-one package available from the WTP download page?

Thanks

Christian

Comment

Hi Christian,
      It now appears to be a plugin conflict, but I still haven't been able to narrow down what plugin I'm using that is causing this. Do you know of any plugins that definitely cause a conflict with SpringIDE?

topher

Comment

Class Level Auto-Completion Not Working

Christian,

I pulled the latest WTP project 1.5.2 which bundles with Eclipse 3.2.1. I went through Eclipse's update functionality and added the SpringIDE url for updates. It did the Spring install. I made my project Spring aware. I add the spring application context files, so I can view these files with Spring Beans. Auto-completion of things like <ref local=""/> works. But if I try to autocomplete in the class attribute of the bean tag, I don't get any capabilities for autocomplete with the classes. The BeanInfo portion of my project, I included all the source directories for that project into the Packages portion. Is this all sound like what I should be doing? And should the class level auto-completion be working?

Thanks,

jay

Comment

Jay,

to enable class name content assist you must at least enter one character. Can please try with "org." for example.

That behaviour is by design, because class name completion is quite extensive in terms of runtime.

Cheers

Christian

Comment

Working...
          X