X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erroneous No setter for property 'xxx' errors in class 'yyy'

I am getting weird "No setter for property 'xxx' errors in class 'yyy'". For instance the 'jndiName' property is only specified in the 'xappPropertiesFile' bean def. But the validator is complaining that there's no setter for 'jndiName' for every other bean in the applicationContext.xml (i.e. xappPropFileResource). The config file works fine in my application so I am not sure what the problem is.

I had this problem w/ v 1.0.3 of the plugin and then updated to the 1.1.0 with the same results. I am running on Eclipse 3, OS X

Here's the config file:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN" "http&#58;//www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">
    <beans>
        <!-- config to read properties from dtsxappint.propertyfile -->
        <bean id="xappPropertiesFile" class="org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectFactoryBean">
             <property name="jndiName">
                <value>java&#58;comp/env/dtsxappint.propertyfile</value>

</property> 
        </bean>
        <bean id="xappPropFileResource" class="org.springframework.core.io.FileSystemResource">
            <constructor-arg>
                <ref bean="xappPropertiesFile"/>
            </constructor-arg>
        </bean>
        <!-- property placeholder post-processor -->
        <bean id="placeholderConfig"
            class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer">
            <property name="location">
                <ref bean="xappPropFileResource"/>
            </property> 
        </bean>
        <!-- Configure Pooling -->
        <bean id="proxyPoolFactory" class="com.trw.xappint.pool.ProgressProxyObjectFactory">
            <!--        <property name="progressAppServerURL"><value>AppServer&#58;//214.3.110.57&#58;31522/dts_DEVL04_as_soap</value></property>-->
            <property name="progressAppServerURL">
                <value>$&#123;url.progress.appserver&#125;</value>
            </property>
            <property name="proxyMap">
                <map>
                    <entry key="document">
                        <value>com.trw.dts.xappint.document.proxy.DocProxy</value>
                    </entry>
                    <entry key="processAuth">
                        <value>com.trw.dts.xappint.document.proxy.ProcessAuthProxy</value>
                    </entry>

</map>
            </property>
        </bean>

<bean id="proxyPoolConfig" class="com.trw.xappint.pool.GenericKeyedObjectPoolConfigBean">

<!-- pool behavior config items
                see&#58; http&#58;//jakarta.apache.org/commons/pool/apidocs/org/apache/commons/pool/impl/GenericKeyedObjectPool.html
                for more details
                -->
            <!-- testOnBorrow and testOnReturn tell the pool validate objects as they are
                borrowed from and returned to the pool.  Should always be true -->
            <property name="testOnBorrow">
                <value>true</value>
            </property>
            <property name="testOnReturn">
                <value>true</value>
            </property>
            <!-- the following values may be tweaked in enviroments for optimal peformance
                the defaults appear to be adequate based on preliminary load tests -->

<property name="maxActive">
                <value>25</value>
            </property>
            <property name="maxIdle">
                <value>10</value>
            </property>
            <!-- these values should not be changed with out reading the above link

<property name="maxTotal"><value>-1</value></property>
            <property name="minEvictableIdleTimeMillis"><value>5000</value></property>
            <property name="numTestsPerEvictionRun"><value>true</value></property>
            <property name="testWhileIdle"><value>true</value></property>
            <property name="timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis"><value>true</value></property>
            <property name="whenExhaustedAction"><value>true</value></property>
            -->

</bean>

<bean id="proxyPool" class="org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericKeyedObjectPool">
            <constructor-arg index="0">
                <ref bean="proxyPoolFactory"/>
            </constructor-arg>

<constructor-arg index="1">
                <ref bean="proxyPoolConfig"/>
            </constructor-arg>

</bean>
        <!-- services that will be exposed -->
        <bean id="progressSession" class="com.trw.dts.xappint.session.ProgressSession">
            <property name="proxyPool">
                <ref bean="proxyPool"/>
            </property>

</bean>
        <bean id="document" class="com.trw.dts.xappint.document.Document">
                <ref bean="proxyPool"/>
            </property>
        </bean>
        <bean id="receiptUtil" class="com.trw.ets.xappint.receipt.ReceiptUtil">
                <ref bean="proxyPool"/>
            </property>
        </bean>
    	<bean id="ixAuthorization" class="com.trw.dts.xappint.document.IXAuthorizationImpl">
                <ref bean="proxyPool"/>
            </property>
        </bean>

<bean id="glueBridgeRegistry" class="com.trw.springgluebridge.Registry"/>

<!-- tracing proxy -->
        <!--
        <bean id="traceInterceptor" class="org.springframework.aop.interceptor.TraceInterceptor"/>
        <bean id="settersAndAbsquatulateAdvisor"
            class="org.springframework.aop.support.RegexpMethodPointcutAdvisor">
            <property name="advice">
                <ref local="traceInterceptor"/>
            </property>
            <property name="patterns">
                <list>
                    <value>.*DocProxy.*</value>

</list>
            </property>

</bean>
        -->

</beans>

I can't reproduce the "No setter..." validation errors with your config file in a simple test project (no Java source code and only spring.jar in the project's Java build path).

Spring IDE's validator creates "No setter" errors if the bean class' Java type was found the project's build path but no corresponding setter was found in the Java type or in one of it's super types. The implementation of v1.0.3 (and the current developer version of v1.1.0) is weak. If an error (JavaModelException) occured while looking for setters in the Java type or the super type then the "No setter..." validation problem was indicated too.

I will fix this in the developer version of v1.1.0 and upload a new version to the updatesite. A mail to the developer list will indicate when this happened.

Anyway, normally no JavaModelException will be thrown during lookup of super types or accessing a type's methods. This is only thrown if the corresponding element doesn't exist or isn't accessible.

Is in your Java project something special regarding the Java build path and the spring.jar (or it's spring-xxx sub jars) which may prevent access to the corresponding information stored in JDT's Java model of your project?

Cheers,
    Torsten

Comment

I had this when I had old versions of the plugins left under eclipse/plugins. clear them all out and reinstall the plugins.

Comment

Working...
      X