Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add Spring Nature not in teh context menu

Hello,

I just installed SpringIDE using the updatesite from Eclipse 3.1.2 on Windows Media Center machine. I restarted Eclipse as suggested.

The context menu doesn't show "Add Spring Nature." I'm suspecting this is because I had installed MyEclipseIDE+Spring a few months ago.

Can someone confirm my suspicion and give me directrions to fix my problem. I'm not interested in MyEclipseIDE anymore. I don't mind uninstalling MyEclipseIDE if necessary.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Install Spring IDE on top of Callisto

Originally posted by [email protected]
    Can someone confirm my suspicion and give me directrions to fix my problem.
    You're right. MyEclipse 4 ships with it's own modified version of Spring IDE 1.2.2. This tweaked version of Spring IDE interfers with any "plain" version of Spring IDE. For details refer to our FAQ.

To "fix" this issue you have to manually delete all Spring IDE related plugins from the MyEclipse installation or uninstall MyEclipse completely.

But I would recommend starting from scratch by installing Spring IDE on top of Callisto. This way you have the latest version of Eclipse (3.2) with all plugins required for Spring IDE (GEF, EMF, WebTools).

Torsten

Comment

Torsten,

Thank you for your response.

I've another unrelated question. I would like to hide my email address and show my user name. I cannot seem to find the directions to do so.

Thanks again in advance for your help.

Comment

I've another unrelated question. I would like to hide my email address and show my user name. I cannot seem to find the directions to do so.
        Sorry, I have no clue how to achieve this. Maybe you should ask your question in the Meta forum. This forum is dedicated to the forum site / software itself.

Torsten

Comment

Oh, I found this information in the forum's FAQ.

Bad news I suppose. Better you create a new account

Torsten

Comment

Working...
          X