X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpringIDE with Eclipse 3.2RCx

Has anybody successfully installed SpringIDE on Eclipse 3.2RC5+? After installing the latest WST RC which is compatible with my version of Eclipse (3.2RC7 at the moment) SpringIDE installs successfully. I can add a project nature, and the Spring icon overlays appear, but nothing else works (such as the Spring Beans tab or any of the XML editor functionality).

I suppose it's back to 3.1.2 in the meantime...

Originally posted by ironcladlou
    Has anybody successfully installed SpringIDE on Eclipse 3.2RC5+? After installing the latest WST RC which is compatible with my version of Eclipse (3.2RC7 at the moment) SpringIDE installs successfully. I can add a project nature, and the Spring icon overlays appear, but nothing else works (such as the Spring Beans tab or any of the XML editor functionality).

I suppose it's back to 3.1.2 in the meantime...
    I'm using the latest Eclipse RC (Callisto RC4a, Eclipse Platform RC7) with no problems.

Comment

Has anybody successfully installed SpringIDE on Eclipse 3.2RC5+? After installing the latest WST RC which is compatible with my version of Eclipse (3.2RC7 at the moment) SpringIDE installs successfully.
      Starting with version 1.3 we are using Eclipse 3.2 to develop Spring IDE. So Spring IDE supports Eclipse 3.1 and 3.2 (RC4 or newer).

I can add a project nature, and the Spring icon overlays appear, but nothing else works (such as the Spring Beans tab or any of the XML editor functionality).
      What exactly do you get / see if you open the Spring Beans view?
      Are there any Spring IDE related errors visible in Eclipse's Error view?

What happens if you open an existing, valid BeansConfig file?
      The BeansXmlEditor is only activated for XML files with a certain structure (a well formed XML file with the root tag <beans>). If you start with an empty file then the standard text editor is used.

Torsten

Comment

Working...
      X