Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring libraries not displaying

Hi all

I have Eclipse 3.1.2 and SpringIDE 1.3.0 installed (well kind of...)

I have been following the instructions outlined at http://springide.org/project/wiki/Sp...gprojectnature in order to add the Spring project nature to my Dynamic Web Project, but it seems as though the spring jars arent being added to my java project.

From looking at the screenshots in the guide (notably http://springide.org/project/attachm...nfigFiles3.png) there is a Spring library added to the project. This does not happen for me.

So although I can do things like add config files using Properties -> Spring Beans, I'm experiencing errors when I actually reference any spring related classes either in my java source or in my applicationContext.xml

For example, if I try to add
    Code:
    <bean id="transactionManager" class="org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceTransactionManager">
    </bean>
    to applicationContext.xml, I receive the error
    "Class 'org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceTra nsactionManager not found"

What happens for other people when they add the Spring project nature to their dynamic web project? Does the spring library appear? Amy I missing something? Do I need to manually add spring.jar to WEB-INF/lib? The screenshot link above suggests not, as Spring seems to be added automatically as a preconfigured library.

Thanks

Hi,

Spring IDE currently does not install any libraries or classpath variables in your Eclipse project if you enable the Spring project nature.

You should add your the spring.jar and other dependencies on your own.

Cheers
    Christian

Comment

Originally posted by cdupuis
      Hi,

Spring IDE currently does not install any libraries or classpath variables in your Eclipse project if you enable the Spring project nature.

You should add your the spring.jar and other dependencies on your own.

Cheers
      Christian
      understood. thanks

Comment

Working...
      X