X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No custom XML Outline using Spring IDE

I just installed Spring IDE 1.3 and whenever I open one of my bean config files the ouline pane shows the regular XML editor outline. In fact it seems as though the whole BeanXMLEditor just isn't working. I can't find anything in the logs saying that it's having an error loading it up, but it just doesn't show.

Can anyone help me figure this out? The project has been configured with the Spring project nature, the config files are all outlined in the project and there are even config sets set up.

Thanks

First make sure that Spring IDE and all it's dependencies (WST, GEF, EMF/SDO/XSD, JEM) are installed correctly as described in Spring IDE's install guide. To verify this use Eclipse's "About Eclipse SDK" dialog (Help / About Eclipse SDK). Here should be icons available for the installed features "Web Standard Tools - XML Core" and "Spring IDE".

Next check if Spring config files are associated with WST's XML editor via Windows / Preferences / General / Content Types. In the tree list of available content types the node "Spring Beans Config File" should be available in the sub tree Text / XML.

Finally select from the Beans XML editor's outline the toolbar item "Spring-Style Outline" to activate the Spring-specific outline.

Torsten

Comment

Working...
    X