Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Spring IDE 1.3 - New features Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Spring IDE 1.3 - New features

    Hello,

    Torsten and I documented some of the new features of the upcoming version 1.3 of Spring IDE. To Have a look on what is coming in the next days head over to http://springide.org/project/wiki/Sp...e13NewFeatures.

    We've implemented some really since little goodies for you guys. So feel free to add your comments to this thread and provide us some feedback.

    Cheers
    Christian

  • #2
    Hi Christian,

    Looking forward to version 1.3. I am a Spring newbie, and using version 1.2.4 has been VERY useful in learning the ins and outs of the framework. Your work on the IDE is in my mind now more important then further development of the framework (cus the framework is already great)! The validation code is critical for large projects....

    Q1) Will 1.3 run on eclipse 3.0.1? I use IBM RAD on my day job which can run 1.2.4 great. 1.2.5 does not run (gui throws exceptions). Is there a place that I can look at logs?

    Feature Request:
    In addition to the "New Project" wizard, it would be very useful to have a "New -> Project -> Sample -> Spring.

    Two example types would be great: A Java one - complete with JUNIT testcases. Ideally - JUNIT testcase would include wiring options. Eg. One run would use Spring JDBC classes, the other would use Hibernate. Required libs (spring.jar, log4j.jar, commons-logging.jar) can be dumped into a lib folder to allow a 1-click operation)

    The second example could pick any of the WAR examples packaged with Spring (Pet Shop?). Ideally this would require the use of the Tomcat plugin, to make setup as easy as possible. Again - place required libs in WEB-INF/lib.

    Great Work,
    Peter

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi Peter,

      Originally posted by PeterNight
      Q1) Will 1.3 run on eclipse 3.0.1?
      No, this is because Spring IDE leverages the Eclipse Web Tools project which requires Eclipse 3.1.1. The upcoming version 1.5 of Web Tools requires Eclipse 3.2. So Spring IDE 2.0 will require Eclipse 3.2 as well.

      Originally posted by PeterNight
      I use IBM RAD on my day job which can run 1.2.4 great. 1.2.5 does not run (gui throws exceptions).Is there a place that I can look at logs?
      Sure, open Eclipse's Error Log viewer via Window / Show View.../ Other / PDE / Error View or open the log file ".log" in your workspace in the directory ".metadata".

      Originally posted by PeterNight
      Feature Request:
      In addition to the "New Project" wizard, it would be very useful to have a "New -> Project -> Sample -> Spring.

      Two example types would be great: A Java one - complete with JUNIT testcases. Ideally - JUNIT testcase would include wiring options. Eg. One run would use Spring JDBC classes, the other would use Hibernate. Required libs (spring.jar, log4j.jar, commons-logging.jar) can be dumped into a lib folder to allow a 1-click operation)

      The second example could pick any of the WAR examples packaged with Spring (Pet Shop?). Ideally this would require the use of the Tomcat plugin, to make setup as easy as possible. Again - place required libs in WEB-INF/lib.
      Good point. Meanwhile Matt Raible's application skelleton generators AppFuse and Equinox will help here.

      Cheers,
      Torsten

      Comment

      Working...
      X