Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpringIDE don't work

Hi!

I searched a long time but it seems that no one else got the problem I have.
    After I downloaded a clean version von eclipse 3.1.2 I installed GEF 3.1.1, EMF/SDO/XSD 2.1.0 and JEM 1.1.0.1. After that I used the Installation Guide from the Spring Homepage. That means setting up the Eclipse Update Manager.
    After everything works out fine. I got the logo in help -> about eclipse and every Plugin is loaded (checked under help -> software updates -> manage configuration).

But I can not create an Spring Project. The only thing that works is the Spring View and the menuentry 'Add spring project nature'. But nothing else. The spring View does not show anything except of the project itself.

I tried Eclipse 3.1.1 also. I have no clou why this do not work.

Thanks for any help,

Danny
    Last edited by wizardofOz; Apr 10th, 2006, 04:20 AM.

You need to install Web Standard Tools also (WST).

Comment

Ok, I installed everything again in a plain Eclipse Installation. But still there is no Spring project in the list of new projects and the rest still do not work.

I got the feeling that I missed something. Do I have to add something to my project before it works? Or should it be done automaticly?

Thanks,

Danny

Comment

You need to specify your spring context files and group them in a Config Set.

Comment

Grouping into a config set is optional. But indeed you have to specify which files actually are your application context files.

Open the context menu on your project in the package explorer view. Select the "Properties" entry and navigate to the Spring element. There you can specify the files.

Regards,
          Andreas

Comment

I tried adding a spring project nature to my project. But when I select "Add..." at the "Spring Beans" item in the property list, I only get 'No entries available'.
            So I though that something might be missing in my project.

Comment

Are the application context files (*.xml) in a folder underneath the project root?

Regards,
              Andreas

Comment

Hi!

I like to use the Spring IDE support for creating the config-files. But actually it seems that the PlugIn is not working right.

I have to do all the Spring things by hand, after that it works, but for this I do not need the Spring IDE. I think it could be a problem with my computerenviroment. After I get the whole Eclipsedir from a colleage with a working Spring IDE on his PC but not on mine. I will try on another machine.

Thanks for your help. If anyone had the same problem I would be glad to hear the solution.

Comment

Originally posted by wizardofOz
                  But I can not create an Spring Project. The only thing that works is the Spring View and the menuentry 'Add spring project nature'. But nothing else. The spring View does not show anything except of the project itself.
                  Danny,

creating a Spring project is not a concern of Spring IDE (the upcoming version 1.3 will provide a Spring-aware "New Project" wizard ;-). With Spring IDE you can make already existing projects "Spring-aware" by using the mentioned menu entry to add the Spring project nature. In these Spring-aware projects you have to indicate your Spring config files (Spring IDE 1.2.5 only supports XML files with the extension ".xml" -> the upcoming release 1.3 supports any extension) to Spring IDE by using the corresponding project properties page or by dragging / dropping the according config file onto the corresponding project node in the beans view.

Optionally you can combine multiple config files into a set of config files (aka config set).

Cheers,
                  Torsten

Comment

Thank you very much. Now I get the whole picture. It was a little bit confusing to read about things in older version and in version of the future on one page. Some pages seems to be outdated while other pages describes features in the future. Well, this is my first time with Spring.

Well, then I can tell you that the Spring IDE works in my Eclipse too ;-).

Greetings,

Danny

Comment

Working...
                    X