X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Option to create new Roo project does not show up in GGTS

I installed GGTS and then the addons for Spring, Spring Roo and GWT. But, when I try to create a new Roo project, the option does not show up. I am attaching two screenshots of GGTS to show the 'New' menu dropdown and the 'About Eclipse' dialog showing the plugins/addons installed. Can somebody please help me figure out why I'm not able to create a new Roo project?

Regards,
    Swaroop
    Attachment
    Attachment
    Attached Files

Hey Swaroop,

the options to create a new Spring Roo project doesn't show up in the default menu, but if you choose "Other..." and dive into the "Spring" category, you should see the option to create a new Spring Roo project.

HTH,
    Martin

Comment

Hi, I have worked with spring roo in the past (STS-3.0.0), I downloaded STS-3.5.1 now which is just for 32bits, (64 bit is not available) and Spring Roo project option was not found as before, however I'm trying install it through Dashboard with out success:

An error occurred while uninstalling
      session context wasprofile=DefaultProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phase s.Uninstall, operand=[R]javax.jms 1.1.0.v201205091237 --> null, action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint. eclipse.actions.UninstallBundleAction).
      java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in scheme name at index 0: %23%23C:%5CProgram%20Files%5CJava%5Cjdk1.7.0_21%5C bin%5Cjavaw.exe
      java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in scheme name at index 0: %23%23C:%5CProgram%20Files%5CJava%5Cjdk1.7.0_21%5C bin%5Cjavaw.exe

Or is there any URL to install it through "Help > Install New Software" option ?

Any clue ?
      Thanks!.
      Last edited by jrr_spring; May 18th, 2014, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Hey!

I am not sure why this error happens, but you should be able to go to the "Install New Software..." dialog, select the "Spring Tool Suite" update repository, and install the Spring IDE Roo Extension components from there. This doesn't install the Roo runtime itself, but I guess you already have that installed on your machine if you worked with Roo in the past.

HTH,
        Martin

Comment

I did it, with exactly the same result. it looks like there is a conflict with the java version, if you see : C:\Program\Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\bin\javaw.exe ... it's trying to call Java 64 bits, while STS is for 32 bits.. I think this is the issue, however I could not change that even through DOS variable settings. I'll wait a STS 64bits exist. do you know when this is coming ?

Regards
          --JR

Comment

Hey!

There are 64bit versions of STS available for download since ages. Please go to https://spring.io/tools/sts/all and download the 64bit version of STS.

HTH,
            Martin

Comment

Sorry It was my bad, I had to click on the options instead of having the option immediately in the page.

Thanks.

Comment

Hey!

Glad to hear you got it working and thanks for letting us know.

Cheers,
                -Martin

Comment

Working...
                X