Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
STS Hangs and must be killed when changing Validation settings Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS Hangs and must be killed when changing Validation settings

Mac OS - Mountain Lion
    Java 6 - spring-tool-suite-3.3.0.RELEASE-e4.3-macosx-cocoa-x86_64.tar.gz new install

Every time I open up Preference->Validation and then attempt to check/uncheck ANY of the validations causes the entire application to hang and requires me to force kill it. I am able though to click the Enable All and Disable All buttons sucessfully, but cannot choose individual validations without the hang. Same issue happens on an 3.3.0.M2 install upgraded to 3.3.0 release.

Thanks!

Hey!

Thanks for reporting this. I am able to reproduce this and unfortunately this seems to be a problem with the Eclipse webtools implementation of that preference page. I can reproduce this problem using a plain Eclipse Kepler JEE installation as well.

Therefore I filed a bug at Eclipse:
    https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=412826

Please follow that bug report to see if they know a workaround for this. If you rely on this functionality, I would recommend to use an STS installation based on Eclipse 3.8. It doesn't contain the latest fixes and improvements of the Eclipse Kepler release, but it might be an option for you.

HTH,
    Martin

Comment

Working...
    X