Properties view showing details of previously selected item Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Properties view showing details of previously selected item

I've been doing some work with the graphical Web Flow editor and have noticed some strange behaviour in the Properties view. If I double-click on an item in the flow-graph editor editor and the Properties view is not open, then it opens up with the details of the selected element. If I then double-click on some other element, then the Properties view is not updated and the details of the originally selected element are still displayed. If I then double-click another element again, then the details of the second selected element are displayed. The view seems to be one item behind.

Interestingly, if I close the Properties view between selecting items, then there is no problem.

I noticed this previously on STS 3.2.0 (Juno), STS 3.3.0.M1 (Juno), and currently on STS 3.3.0.M2 (Kepler). This is all on Windows 7.

This is unusual. We've tested our Kepler build on Windows 7 and Mac OS X and the Properties view is updating as normal. Are you observing this a problem only with selections in the Web Flow editor? For example, do Package Explorer selections update the Properties view normally?

I found a bug at that affects Juno and several Kepler milestones but should be fixed for the final release.

398509: Regression to 4.2.1: Sending of postSelection events stops working