X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run program on a web server using Spring Tool Suite

Is it possible to run a program on a web server using STS? I currently use the MVC Framework so I guesse I need to do this in form of a controller? Or if not, what other ways are there?

So what I'd like to know is: How to write such a controller, alternatively what other ways there are.

I run the web server on Apache Tomcat/7.0.39 and I've got Windows 7 as my current OS.

Thanks a lot!

Hey!

I think the easiest way to get something going in STS would be to create a new project from the Spring Template Projects and choose the Spring MVC one. That gives you a relatively simple, but ready-to-run MVC app with Spring. Once that project is in your workspace, you can deploy it via drag&drop to the tc Server instance that comes with STS (open the "Servers" view).

In addition to that we have a collection of "getting started" material here:
    http://forum.springsource.org/showth...etting-Started

HTH,
    Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Lippert View Post
      Hey!

I think the easiest way to get something going in STS would be to create a new project from the Spring Template Projects and choose the Spring MVC one. That gives you a relatively simple, but ready-to-run MVC app with Spring. Once that project is in your workspace, you can deploy it via drag&drop to the tc Server instance that comes with STS (open the "Servers" view).

In addition to that we have a collection of "getting started" material here:
      http://forum.springsource.org/showth...etting-Started

HTH,
      Martin
      Thank you Martin, I am not sure though that I expressed myself clear enough. I am currently using the MVC Framework and I would like to, by running a controller (or something else), run/execute an external program which lies on the web server. So a tip on how to write such a controller would be greatly appreciated. For exampel a controller (or something) that opens the CMD.

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Hey!

Sorry I misunderstood your question, thanks for clarifying. I would suggest to ask that question on the web section of this forum. I guess you get better answers there, since this is mostly tooling related.

HTH,
        Martin

Comment

All right, thank you Martin!

Comment

Working...
          X