Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS & GGTS 3.3.0.M1 released

Dear Spring Community,

we are happy to announce the first milestone build of the next version of our Eclipse-based tooling: The Spring Tool Suite (STS) 3.3.0.M1 and the Groovy/Grails Tool Suite (GGTS) 3.3.0.M1.

Highlights from this milestone build include:
    • improved support for JavaConfig-driven Spring projects
    • Groovy-Eclipse: now supports customizable editor templates
    • Groovy-Eclipse: navigation and hovers in binary (compiled) groovy files
    • Grails-IDE: preliminary support for current builds of Grails 2.3
    Both tool suites ship on top of the latest Eclipse Juno SR2 release. We still recommend to use the Eclipse-3.8-based versions of STS and GGTS for optimal performance.

To download the distributions, please go visit:
    Detailed new and noteworthy notes can be found here: STS/GGTS 3.3.0.M1 New & Noteworthy

Updates from STS/GGTS 3.x are available through the automatic "Check for Updates" again (as long as you have the milestone update configured).

The next milestone 3.3.0.M2 release is scheduled for early June 2013, with a release to be shipped in early July - shortly after the Eclipse Kepler release.

Enjoy!!!
    The SpringSource tooling team

I've been working on two projects for 6 months now that use JavaConfig exclusively, so thanks a lot for the JavaConfig tooling! Looking forward to what M2 might bring. I happily noticed it works with Scala files too (am I right to assume that part of the tooling operates at the bytecode level?).

When using completion in a Scala file I get an error that the Spring Data proposal has encountered a NPE at https://github.com/SpringSource/spri...sals.java#L112
    Likely it's the call to javaContext.getCoreContext() which returns null, which seems reasonably, given I'm editing a Scala file. I don't have much knowledge how STS and Scala-IDE extend/modify JDT, so I was wondering where to report this. Given the NPE is thrown in STS I'll start here. To avoid this, I'd have to disable the Basic Proposals, which isn't such a great option. (I'll create a proper JIRA with details if required).

Comment

Hey Johannes!

Very happy to hear that you welcome the JavaConfig tooling!!! And thanks for trying the latest milestone build and reporting issues. This is what helps us to find issues, fix bugs, and make the tooling great!!! Much appreciated!!!

The content-assist issue is a great find. It would be nice if you could create a proper JIRA for that in the STS issue tracker. That is definitely a good place to file those issues, since it looks our content-assist processor is not robust enough. If you have a small project or some steps that helps us to reproduce the problem, that would be even better.

Thanks a lot for this report in advance!!! And please let us know any further issues you observe, especially while using the JavaConfig tooling!!!

Thanks!
      -Martin

Comment

Working...
      X