Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS - Automatic Custom Perspective Setings in new workspace

Hi,

How can I change the default Perspective (Java) to a Custom Perspective (or Debug). Also, I want the change to be automated, so that when STS is launched, the custom perspective is activated by default.

I tried the following;
    (for Debug Perspective)
    Window -> Save Perspective As... -> save it using custom name.
    File -> Export -> General -> Perferences -> Export all - to perference file (my_debug.epf).

I have implemented the STS Workspace automation, by extending the STS Workspace Configurators, import projects from subversion and also import perference file (my_debug.epf). But, when STS is launched, it still displays the default Java Perspective.

Please let me know if you have any suggestion.

Thanks,
    Mohan

Hey Mohan!

The default perspective is configured in the plugin_customization.ini of the org.springsource.sts plugin. This is the place there the product is defined (in the plugin.xml), which refers to the plugin_customization.ini file inside that bundle.

But changing that inside the org.springsource.sts bundle doesn't seem to be the right way to do this, especially since you are importing your custom perspective programmatically.

But I think there should be a way to activate a certain perspective programmatically as well (PlatformUI -> getWorkbench -> showPerspective).

HTH,
    Martin

Comment

Working...
    X