X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install springsource tool suite exe silenty

I am trying to install springsource-tool-suite-2.8.0.RELEASE-e3.7.1-win32-x86_64-installer.exe silently to Windows 7 machine and not able to make the installation silent.

Can anyone can help me installing the exe silently.

Thanks you.

Hey!

I am not an expert for Windows applications and how to make apps silent on Windows, but I thought I should mention that you could also install STS by using the ZIP file instead of the installer. In that case, you would need to unzip the file and set the path to the JDK to use in the STS.ini file.

Maybe that helps!
    -Martin

Comment

Thank you Martin for your suggestion..
      Is there any way I can extract exe to zip files OR where I can get the zip files for springsource-tool-suite-2.8.0.RELEASE-e3.7.1-win32-x86_64-installer.exe

Please suggest if you have any information on this.

Thanks

Comment

Hey!

The ZIP file of all the various STS releases can be downloaded directly from the official STS download page. Take a look at:
        http://www.springsource.org/sts, do to "Download" and expand the section called "Other Downloads". There you find all the old versions and also the ZIP packages for them.

HTH,
        Martin

Comment

Thank you martin for your suggestion.
          I downloaded and extracted to a machine and it is working. But If I use the extracted files to do different machine and try to add a new software under the Help tab it is not happening. As per my requirement I need to deploy this application in to several workstations. Is there anything like I should extract (jar.exe -xf STSInstall.zip) to each machine, I want to use the application?

And I have a archive file for perforce plugin for STS, Is there any way I can add this also along with a single package. Other than adding software through Help tab?

I am new to this type of java application deployment. Please help if you have any idea.

Comment

Hey!

I am not sure whether I understand the issue correctly. So you are able to use the ZIP package of STS to deploy STS silently to several workstations, right? Or is there already a problem with this?

In addition to that you would like to not only deploy the standard STS package, but an STS package with additional plugins/features installed to it? (the perforce addition). In that case there are two ways to do that: The simplest way would be to prepare your own ZIP package of a modified STS. You can do that by unzipping STS, then install the additional plugin via the "Install New Software" dialog, and then ZIP the modified STS installation again. You should be able to use that ZIP file on other machines as well.

The other option would be automatically install the additional feature after you deployed STS to another machine. You would need to execute a script that does the same as the "Install New Software" dialog in STS/Eclipse, but from the command line. Here is something like that:

https://gist.github.com/martinlippert/5155155

Of course you would need to modify that for your needs.

I would recommend the first option for adding an additional plugin before you deploy the package on other workstations. It is easier and avoids doing extra stuff on the workstations themselves.

HTH,
            Martin

Comment

Working...
            X