Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The chosen JDK has the wrong version...

Hello everyone.
    I'm stuck trying to cleanly install springsource.
    I'm running Windows 7 64 bit.
    I downloaded :
    • spring-tool-suite-3.1.0.RELEASE-e3.8-win32-installer
    • spring-tool-suite-3.1.0.RELEASE-e4.2-win32-installer
    • spring-tool-suite-3.2.0.RELEASE-e4.2.2-win32-x86_64-installer
    The first two refused to install, the third triggered that warning when I selected the jdk path. I ignored it at first, but it's giving me many issues so I want to do a clean install.
    The jdks paths I used are:
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_31
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_43
    • C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_17
    As you can see, I tried both with Java 6 32 bit sdks and with a Java 7 64 bit sdk, but I still got the same warning.
    How can I fix it?
    I'm out of ideas...
    Thanks,
    TD

I'll reply to myself, it's a bug that happens if you launch the installation process by double clicking the springsource exe file from a samba share, as soon as I copied the exe to the local filesystem and tried again it stopped complaining.

Comment

Hey!

Glad to hear you got it working and thanks for sharing the solution here!!!

Cheers,
      -Martin

Comment

Wow, I was struggling with the exact same issue. Thanks for posting the fix, this would have taken hours to trouble shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by ls_to_2007 View Post
          Wow, I was struggling with the exact same issue. Thanks for posting the fix, this would have taken hours to trouble shoot.
          Happy to help

Comment

I am getting Jdk mismatch issue at the time of installation of STS. I have jdk 1.6 64 bit installed and its asking me to use 32 bit. Is there a solution to this issue? Do i have to install jdk 32 bit if yes then form where?

Comment

Hey!

The type of the JDK has to match the type of the STS/GGTS download. So if you downloaded the 32bit version of STS/GGTS, you have to run it with a 32bit JDK. If you downloaded the 64bit version of STS/GGTS, you have to run it with a 64bit JDK. You could use the 32bit JDK/STS on a 64bit operating system, but I would recommend to use the 64bit version if you are running a 64bit OS.

HTH,
              Martin

Comment

Working...
              X