Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the right/correct way to create a simple project?

Hello. I am new to using STS. I would like to find out what is the right/correct way to create a simple project that uses just Spring Core, for example?

Hey!

Depending on what exactly you would like to do with this, I would recommend to start with one of the Spring template projects (easiest way to get something running in 2 minutes and starting with a simple MVC app is often a good choice). If those projects contain too much stuff, you could setup the project manually yourself.

You could start with creating a new Spring project. Then you would need to add the libraries you would like to use. You could do that manually as well (downloading the Spring framework and add the JARs you would like to use), but in that case you would need to grab the dependencies of the Spring framework manually as well. Therefore most people use Maven for their dependency management. In that case you could convert that project to a Maven project and add the Spring libs using the Maven editor for your pom.xml file.

Here are some more references for getting started material.
    http://forum.springsource.org/showth...etting-Started

HTH,
    Martin

Comment

Working...
    X