X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to Start STS

Been running STS 2.8.1 and after a server restart am unable to start STS.
    Before the restart, I was able to invoke STS directly on my Windows 7 server or via cygwin on the same server.
    Invoking directly produces nothing, but invoking through cygwin produces the following error:

Error occurred during initialization of VM
    Unable to load native library: Can't find dependent libraries

Wasn't able to find anything of significance in the event logs. Did some research and saw references to using a tool called Dependency Walker. This flagged IESHIMS.DLL as a potential issue when evaluating STS.exe. This DLL is not in my C:\windows\system32 directory, but could not find it in a colleague's environment either. Further research indicates this DLL may be a false positive.

Am also now getting the same error when running other versions of STS and eclipse on the same server.

Thanks in advance for assistance in troubleshooting.

Hey!

It is hard to say what exactly is going wrong without looking at the machine myself, but I guess that STS is not able to locate a JVM installation or the JVM installation is broken. Therefore I would recommend to install the latest JDK and try again. That is the best guess that I have at the moment...

HTH,
    Martin

Comment

Working...
    X