Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
JPA Java Change Event Handler - hang - STS 3.1 & 3.2.0.RELEASE Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JPA Java Change Event Handler - hang - STS 3.1 & 3.2.0.RELEASE

I'm a fan of STS, which I use at home, (& myeclipse at work). But STS is becoming unusable - it hangs typically within 2 hours of opening with background task 'JPA Java Change Event handler' messages. The processes have to be killed to recover. All my Apps use JPA but these files are rarely touched. It started whilst using 3.1, continued after an upgrade to 3.2, I reinstalled 3.2 clean from the download package with no improvement.

Is there a recommendation of a STS version that is free from this problem - I'l sacrifice frills to rectify this problem.
    Last edited by t2987; Mar 16th, 2013, 03:02 PM. Reason: correction

Sort of solved the problem with a workaround:

It's opening the 'Spring Config Editor' on an XML file that is causing the problem. If I open with the 'XML Editor' all is okay. Small loss for restored stability.

Comment

Hey!

Can you provide some more details and/or maybe a project that reproduces this problem? Since this seems to happen only in the case of the Spring Config Editor, this should clearly be fixed. So a project that reproduces this would be optimal. Otherwise, could you maybe capture a thread dump while STS is hanging (using jps and jstack)?

Thanks a lot for your help!
      -Martin

Comment

Working...
      X