Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the configure project option?

Hi,

I have a question. This week I thought I'd give Eclipse Juno 64 bit a try.
    All the plugins I usually install installed without a problem: jautodoc, ivyde, glassfish tools.
    The STS couldn't install with an error (missing live beans view) the first few days but yesterday I got it to install through the market place.

My question: after the install I restarted but can't see the usual spring mark on my projects. Configure won't let me add spring project nature and when I look at the 'builders' properties I see the springide builder marked as missing.
    Also spring views are missing in the view lists.

The only thing Spring IDE-ish I can find is the dashboard button.

Am I missing something? I'm using Ivy but the project has a pom.xml for the sonar coupling.

Thanks in advance.

Regs,

GJ
    Last edited by Geert Jan; Mar 12th, 2013, 02:28 AM.

If you are using a pom.xml. then you will need to install m2e to read the pom.xml and configure your projects properly. If you already have m2e installed, make sure that you have maven support enabled on that project. If this still doesn't work, then it's likely that there is something wrong with the installation. Please paste any relevant errors from your error log.

Comment

Thanks for your answer.

The pom.xml isn't used for the main dependency-management, only for sonar configuration.
      That's the reason why maven-support isn't enabled.

STS doesn't work with Ivy(DE)?
      Last edited by Geert Jan; Mar 13th, 2013, 06:57 AM.

Comment

There is probably some problem with your installation. It's likely that springIDE isn't properly installed. Can you check your error log? Also, go to Help -> About STS -> Installation details. And look for Spring IDE and components in the installed software.

If you do notice any oddness, then we could try to diagnose, but you'd be best off chucking your install and starting from scratch again.

Comment

Hey!

Maybe there is a conflict with one of your additional features, but it is hard to figure out remotely what exactly causes this. If you have installed the Spring IDE features successfully, there should be an option to add the Spring nature, for example. If that isn't there, something seems to be wrong under the hood (maybe a conflict).

We can try to figure out what causes this in detail, but that requires some low-level deep-dive into the installation using the OSGi host console (usually not a very pleasant experience). The other alternative would be to use a fresh STS distribution and add your additional plugins step by step to it, in order to find out what plugins are causing the problem. Your choice... ;-)

HTH,
          Martin

Comment

Hi all,

Thank for the answers. I'll try look into the installation details.

As for the possibilities in conflicting features: I've freshly installed juno j2ee eclipse, then de ivyde plugin, jautodoc and glassfish tools (nothing too exotic I thought.)

Comment

Hi,

This has been resolved. The problem was that I was reusing a workspace after the upgrade.
              After cleaning the problems went away.

For future reference:
              A clean workspace is an upgrade necessity according to the Eclipse upgrade documentation.

Regards,

Geert Jan

Comment

Working...
              X