Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS & GGTS 3.2.0 released

Dear Spring Community,

we are happy to announce the next major release of our Eclipse-based tooling today: The Spring Tool Suite (STS) 3.2.0 and the Groovy/Grails Tool Suite (GGTS) 3.2.0.

Highlights from this release include:
    • Eclipse Juno SR2 updates (including Mylyn, EGit, m2e, m2e-wtp)
    • added support for high-res displays on Mac OSX
    • updated bundled tc Server to 2.8.2
    • major performance improvements for working with Spring projects
    • major improvements to the Live Spring Beans Graph
    • added support for Spring Integration 2.2
    • updated to include Groovy 2.0.7 and Grails 2.2.1 (Groovy 2.1 is available from the dashboard)
    We continue to ship distributions both on top of Eclipse 3.8 and Eclipse 4.2. While the 4.2 stream of Eclipse has improved a lot in the Eclipse Juno SR2 release, we still recommend using the 3.8-based version for optimal performance and stability.

To download the distributions, please go visit:
    Detailed new and noteworthy notes can be found here: STS/GGTS 3.2.0 New & Noteworthy

Updates from STS/GGTS 3.0.0 and 3.1.0 are available through the automatic "Check for Updates". Users of STS 2.9.x (or older) should start with a fresh installation of STS/GGTS 3.2.0.

The next version 3.3.0 is scheduled to arrive in July 2013, shortly after the Eclipse Kepler (4.3) release. Also watch out for milestone builds of 3.3.0 if you want to stay up-to-date with the latest developments.

Enjoy!!!
    The SpringSource tooling team

hi,

I've just downloaded and installed "Groovy/Grails Tool Suite 3.2.0.RELEASE - based on Eclipse Juno 4.2.2" on my ubuntu 12.10 system.

First thing I did was to create a Grails project and, after few minutes, I got this error message:

The command 'GrailsCommand(P/test> compile --non-interactive --refresh-dependencies)' was terminated because it didn't produce new output for some time.

See details for the output produced so far.

If you think the command simply needed more time, you can increase the time limit in the Grails preferences page.

See menu Windows >> Preferences >> Grails >> Launch
    ------System.out:-----------
    Loading Grails 2.2.1
    | Configuring classpath
    | Downloading: tomcat-2.2.1.pom
    ------System.err:-----------

any idea of what's wrong ?

Comment

Originally posted by sn00p View Post
      hi,

I've just downloaded and installed "Groovy/Grails Tool Suite 3.2.0.RELEASE - based on Eclipse Juno 4.2.2" on my ubuntu 12.10 system.

First thing I did was to create a Grails project and, after few minutes, I got this error message:

The command 'GrailsCommand(P/test> compile --non-interactive --refresh-dependencies)' was terminated because it didn't produce new output for some time.

See details for the output produced so far.

If you think the command simply needed more time, you can increase the time limit in the Grails preferences page.

See menu Windows >> Preferences >> Grails >> Launch
      ------System.out:-----------
      Loading Grails 2.2.1
      | Configuring classpath
      | Downloading: tomcat-2.2.1.pom
      ------System.err:-----------

any idea of what's wrong ?
      I found out what was wrong: the proxy.

I first set the proxy in the GGTS prefererences (in [General][Network Connection]), but that wasn't enough: I had to also set this proxy into grails, with the add-proxy / set-proxy comands.

Comment

Greetings,

I left STS for about 1 year and I came back to it. I have problems doing basic things with Roo. Here is what I did:

Downloaded STS 3.2.0 with Juno 4.2, unzipped in a fresh directory. I start STS.

- file/new/Spring Roo Project
        - project name: t, top level package name: com.t
        - next/finish
        - when the dusts settles I type the following command: script expenses.roo (after moving it from spring-roo-1.2.3.RELEASE/samples)
        - when the dust settles, I get the error:

Description:
        Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.2:exec (execution: default, phase: process-classes)
        Resource:
        pom.xml
        Path:
        /t
        Type:
        Maven Project Build Lifecycle Mapping Problem

I know that two of the quick fix can be applied but what gives?

Comment

Originally posted by marioja View Post
          Greetings,

I left STS for about 1 year and I came back to it. I have problems doing basic things with Roo. Here is what I did:

Downloaded STS 3.2.0 with Juno 4.2, unzipped in a fresh directory. I start STS.

- file/new/Spring Roo Project
          - project name: t, top level package name: com.t
          - next/finish
          - when the dusts settles I type the following command: script expenses.roo (after moving it from spring-roo-1.2.3.RELEASE/samples)
          - when the dust settles, I get the error:

Description:
          Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.2:exec (execution: default, phase: process-classes)
          Resource:
          pom.xml
          Path:
          /t
          Type:
          Maven Project Build Lifecycle Mapping Problem

I know that two of the quick fix can be applied but what gives?
          The Maven tooling will give warnings for plugin execution steps that it doesn't know how to handle from the IDE. Sometimes these execution steps are covered by add ons for the Maven tooling, but not all cases are covered and this is one of them. If you apply the quickfix that's labeled experimental ("Mark goal exec as ignored in Eclipse build in Eclipse preference"), then you'll suppress the error in this project and any future projects that may have that execution step in their pom.xml

Comment

Can we expect performance improvements also on Mac OS X 10.6.8 and java6? I had to downgrade from 3.1 as it was unusable on my machine. It worked sort of, but 2.9.2 was way way faster.

Comment

Hey!

What version of STS did you use? I would guess you have used STS 3.1.0 on Eclipse 4.2, which had a number of performance issues related to the new Eclipse platform UI implementation. If that is the case, I recommend to try the latest STS 3.2.0 release which has a lot of performance improvements inside (on the Eclipse UI side as well as on the Spring tooling side). In case of doubt, you can use the STS 3.2.0 on Eclipse 3.8 distribution, which gives you a much better performance than STS 3.1.0 on Eclipse 4.2 and even a better performance than 2.9.2 I would expect, no matter if you are using a JDK6 or a JDK7.

Let me know if that works for you!

HTH,
              Martin

Comment

Downloaded STS 3.2.0 with Juno 4.2, unzipped in a fresh directory. I start STS, fresh workspace.
                - on the green screen that appears, I click install extension
                - on the dashboard, under language and framework tooling, I click Google Plugin for Eclipse
                - I click the install button on the bottom right of the dashboard window
                - I get a dialog box: proceed with installation? The following connectors are not available: google plugin for eclipse I click no
                - I get this
                Problems occurred while performing installation: The following connectors are not available: Google Plugin for Eclipse (id=com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle.e42.feature.f eature.group, site=http://dl.google.com/eclipse/plugin/4.2)
                The following connectors are not available: Google Plugin for Eclipse (id=com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle.e42.feature.f eature.group, site=http://dl.google.com/eclipse/plugin/4.2)

I have had this problem for the last two weeks so I suspect this is not due to Google's lack of availability

One last note, I freshly installed in fresh new workspace the Eclipse 3.8 version of STS 3.2 and the google plugin for eclipse was not available in the list of extension so I assume that it is not available for Eclipse 3.8
                Last edited by marioja; Apr 23rd, 2013, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Hey!

The item for the Google plugin on the dashboard pointed to an outdated list of features. I updated this and it should work again. I also fixed the problem with the Google plugin item not appearing when running STS on Eclipse 3.8. Both should work again.

Thanks for reporting!!!

Cheers,
                  -Martin

Comment

I just created a JIRA STS-3342 about another problem with a fresh copy of STS

Comment

Hey!

Saw that new JIRA, thanks for the report. I assigned it to Leo who will take a look.

Thanks!
                      -Martin

Comment

Working...
                      X