Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to add STS to eclipse ide?

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to add the STS to eclipse? i have already installed it. but when i right click my project folder it should gve me an option for "Spring Tools" but its not giving me that. For that reason im not able to execute my program.

Appreciate ur reply guys..!!!

Thanks.

Hey!

The easiest way to add the Spring Tool Suite tooling to an existing Eclipse installation is to install it from the Eclipse Marketplace. But it sounds like you already did this. So I would recommend to open the "Spring" perspective to work from. The context menu in the project explorer should give you direct access to some of the most famous Spring actions, like creating a new Spring Template project (for getting started quickly). But keep in mind that most of the Spring Template projects are "mavenized" projects, so you should have the Maven Integration for Eclipse installed as well (if you don't have that already).

Another good starting point is the Dashboard, which can be activated by clicking the SpringSource icon on the main toolbar.

In addition to that you can enable the Spring tooling for every project by activating the Spring nature for your project (from the context menu of your project). This enables the Spring tooling for that project and gives you additional configuration options.

Here are also a number of good resources of how to get started with the tooling:

http://forum.springsource.org/showth...etting-Started

HTH,
    Martin

Comment

Hi Martin,
      Thanks a lot for the info.. im new to spring.. i have tried my first program printing hello world.. i just downloaded spring jar files .paste it in library folder and it got executed..

Comment

Working...
      X