X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpringIDE and FacesIDE

First of all thanks all the SpringDE developers for their hard work. Thanks!

Ok, just want to remind you guys if you want to use both SpringIDE and FacesIDE, you must install SpringIDE first and then FacesIDE.

If you do it in the wrong order, SpringIDE will corrupte your FacesIDE. And re-installing FacesIDE after installing SpringIDE are not going to work.

Michael

Michael,

thank you for the hint regarding the installation of FacesIDE and SpringIDE.
    Could you please give some information regarding the corruption SpringIDE does to FacesIDE. Maybe you can open a trouble ticket here so that we can fix this.

Torsten

Comment

Hi Torsten,

The FacesIDE works nicely before installing SpringIDE. You can see the functions provided by FacesIDE ("Amateras" node, faces-config.xml editor, etc in the screen cap). But after installing SpringIDE, all these will go away immediately.

I'm quiet sure this issue is related to SpringIDE because I install SpringIDE and FacesIDE with a fresh copy of Eclipse. I'm not saying this is the bug of SpringIDE (maybe this is the fault of FacesIDE ), instead I just want to remind those who want to use SpringIDE and FacesIDE together.

Cheers,
      Michael

Comment

Michael,

I took a brief look into FacesIDE's (and the required EclipseHTMLEditor's) plugin.xml. Both seem not to use Web Tools' XML editor which is leveraged by Spring IDE. Spring IDE's only relation with Web Tools is the definition of a single content type (via the extension point "org.eclipse.core.runtime.contentTypes") by specializing the base type "org.eclipse.core.runtime.xml" for XML files with the root tag "beans".

FacesIDE's prerequisite EclipseHTMLEditor defines editors associated with a few file extensions (e.g. xml, html, ...) by using the extension point "org.eclipse.ui.editors". These editors are overruled by the editors defined by Web Tools.

IMHO you should experience these issues with FacesIDE if you install Web Tools only. It seems that the last plugin which defines associations to file extensions "wins" (becomes the default editor for the corresponding files).

Torsten

Comment

Working...
        X