Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
sts-3.1.0.RELEASE: simple spring integration template URL? can't create a simple si. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sts-3.1.0.RELEASE: simple spring integration template URL? can't create a simple si.

Hi & Thanks,

1. is the url correct for creating a simple spring integration template

URL:https://raw.github.com/SpringSource/...e-1.0.0.M4.zip

2. When using/creating a simple spring integration template, nothing is generated except the project name.

Any help?

Below is what I see:

Spring>Template Projects

spring-integration:
    url: https://raw.github.com/SpringSource/...descriptor.xml

When I try to create a simple Spring Integration project, I see

Creates a Spring Integration project that runs as a standalone Java application using core components only.
    URL:https://raw.github.com/SpringSource/...e-1.0.0.M4.zip

2. Then nothing happen, only the project name is generated.

Am I missing anything in terms of configuration and/or missing something....

Comment

Hey!

Sorry for the long delay (due to sickness)...

The general template mechanism is working for STS 3.1.0.RELEASE (I just tried it out myself to create a Spring Integration project from one "Simple" template that you mentioned and it worked). So there must be some configuration issue.

Do you use the STS distribution or did you install STS into an existing Eclipse installation? If you use it with an existing Eclipse installation, you need to take care to also install the latest Maven Integration for Eclipse (since most of the template projects are Maven projects). Another source of trouble might be the underlying Eclipse version. Do you use STS for Eclipse 4.2? If so, I strongly recommend to use STS for Eclipse 3.8 (also available from our download pages).

And do you see anything related in the Error Log view? Maybe there is a stack trace that indicates what exactly is going wrong...

-Martin

Comment

0. Thanks Martin.
        1. I used STS distribution sts-3.1.0.RELEASE. No eclipse involved.
        2. If it helps:
        Error log tab:
        java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
        at org.springframework.ide.eclipse.wizard.template.in frastructure.processor.TemplateProjectCreator$1.ex ecute(TemplateProjectCreator.java:97)
        at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation$1. run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:106)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run( Workspace.java:2344)
        at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.ru n(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:118)
        at org.springframework.ide.eclipse.wizard.template.in frastructure.processor.TemplateProjectCreator.crea teProject(TemplateProjectCreator.java:130)
        at org.springframework.ide.eclipse.wizard.template.in frastructure.processor.DirectoryProcessor.process( DirectoryProcessor.java:56)
        at org.springframework.ide.eclipse.wizard.template.in frastructure.processor.Processor.process(Processor .java:44)
        at org.springframework.ide.eclipse.wizard.template.Te mplateWizard$1.run(TemplateWizard.java:114)
        at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalCont extThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

eclipse.buildId=3.1.0.201210061308-RELEASE-e38
        java.version=1.7.0
        java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
        BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
        Framework arguments: -product org.springsource.sts.ide
        Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product org.springsource.sts.ide

Comment

Are you maybe behind a proxy that could be preventing the content from downloading? If so you might need to configure your proxy settings under Preferences -> General -> Network Settings.

Comment

1. I can create a simple Spring MVC template or a simple Batch
            2. Is there any thing that has to do with GIT?

Comment

Hey!

The mvc and batch template projects are not related to GIT, they end up being "normal" projects in your workspace.

HTH,
              -Martin

Comment

1. If there is any misunderstanding: what I meant is that there is no issue with proxy related since I can create Spring MVC template or a simple Batch. But why I can't create a simple integration project?

(2. BTW: Germany for 2014 World Cup.)

Comment

Hey!

Ok, so if you have used the MVC and Batch template projects without any problems and you are now seeing the exception mentioned above when using the Spring Integration template, I guess there went something wrong when you first downloaded and tried to use that template and now the cached data in your workspace is broken.

Can you try a new and empty workspace to see if that fixes the problem?

(In general, the integration templates are not that different from the mvc or batch templates, excepts that they are coming from a different hosting location.)

HTH,
                  Martin

Comment

Hi Martin,

I have come across this error also. On a clean install of STS 3.2.0, the "Spring Integration Project (Standalone) - Simple" project template results in the ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in the message earlier in this thread. Interestingly, this only occurs on my Windows 7 machine; on my Mac it works fine.

Regards,
                    Geoff

Comment

Hey Geoff!

As mentioned earlier in this thread, this may come from the template project not being downloaded 100% correctly the first time and then the broken data is cached locally (which should not happen, of course, but it looks like this is the case somehow). Does the error come up with a vanilla fresh and empty workspace as well?

-Martin

Comment

Hi Martin,

Yes, when I upgraded STS, I also started a new workspace. Also, just now, I went into my workspace .metadata directory and removed the downloaded template and retried it, and I am getting the same problem.

Regards,
                        Geoff

Comment

Hey Geoff!

Ah, now I see, the important information was that it is working on Mac, but not on Windows... :-)
                          I can reproduce this error on my Windows machine, so we can debug and fix this as soon as possible:

https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-3263

Thanks for the additional details!!!
                          -Martin

Comment

Hi Martin,

One other thing - I have two user accounts on my Windows 7 machine, and the template appears to work fine when I run from one of the accounts, but not the other. They are both administrator accounts, so I don't think it is permissions-related. The only difference that I can think of is that the account name where it doesn't work has a space in it, and the account name where it does work has no space.

You reproduced this on your machine. By chance, does your account name have a space in it?

Regards,
                            Geoff

Comment

Hey Geoff!

You are right, the problem is not running STS on Windows, but running STS with a workspace that has a space in its path. That way, I was able to reproduce this on my OSX machine as well.

Problem is fixed now in master and will be available with 3.3.0.M1.

Thanks again for the report and the additional details. The hint with the space in the path was perfect!!!

Cheers,
                              -Martin

Comment

Working...
                              X