Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to completely uninstall STS 3.1.0 on OS X Mountain Lion

Hi,

I recently downloaded "Spring Tool Suite 3.1.0.Release (based on Eclipse Juno 4.2.1)" file name is 'spring-tool-suite-3.1.0.RELEASE-e4.2-macosx-cocoa-x86_64-installer.dmg' and installed it on my Macbook running OS X 10.8.2.

May I know how can I completely uninstall it from my Macbook without leaving any residue files behind? Besides moving the application itself from the /Applications folder to the trash, I also want to make sure all other files such as preferences files are also completely removed.

I would truly appreciate advice from the Spring Source community. Thanks!

Move the application to the trash and also move any workspace folders to the trash. That's it.

Comment

Hi Andrew,

What about the preferences file(s) created by STS? I found the following two plist files in my ~/Library/Preferences folder, are these files created by STS and do I also need to delete them away?

org.springframework.uaa.plist
      org.springsource.sts.ide.plist

Comment

Originally posted by tuckmeng View Post
        org.springframework.uaa.plist
        org.springsource.sts.ide.plist
        Interesting, I was not aware of these files. Looks like these files are generated indirectly by STS through osx. They are safe to delete, of course. I am not sure how STS uses these files nor where they are generated from (my guess is that SWT (the windowing and widget toolkit) causes them to be generated through native calls to the OS).

Comment

Hi Andrew & Schnappi,

Thanks for your advice.

Comment

An easy method

By no means is this a product promotion, but AppCleaner makes it easy to select an application and find all related files for removal.
            1. Install and open AppCleaner
            2. Select 'Applications' at the top of the window
            3. Scroll down and select the 'STS' app
            4. Click the 'Search' button at the bottom
            5. Make sure all files and directories are checked, and click 'Delete' button
            6. You're done!

Comment

Working...
            X