Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Detect external gradle dependencies located in workspace and not in binary repo Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detect external gradle dependencies located in workspace and not in binary repo

In a gradle project (not a multi project) I need to depend on other gradle projects. I also need to use the workspace version if its checked out instead of a previous binary in the local m2 repo. I have read this:

https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-2405

and I can verify that it works if I depend on maven projects. But I need to depend on gradle projects. I have found this:

https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-2834

which seems to address this case. Is it possible to say anything about the progress on this feature?

Unfortunately there's not much to report. I don't believe the feature reasonably implementable without some kind of extension to the Gradle tooling API.

Essentially I could already implement the maven case because I can get the required information from m2e and find maven projects corresponding to a given gradle dependency in the workspace. But for gradle there is not really a good way to determine what binary artifacts a project in the workspace corresponds to. To put it simply, I can easily determine for a gradle project what binary jars it depends on. But the other side, what jar a project itself corresponds to is not available.

I assume you already voted on STS-2834? That would a way to express that you care about this.

There's already a couple of votes, maybe its time for me to take another look at this.

To make progres on the issue someone, (probably me :-) will need to think a bit more about what's needed from Gradle's side and raise an issue with the Gradle folks to get that implemented.

You can help by voting and keeping an eye on the issue, and when a corresponding tooling API issue gets raised, vote on that as well.

Kris

Comment

Working...
    X