Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undo/Redo in GGTS Groovy editor

Hi there,

I'm currently using GGTS 3.2 M2 for a Groovy/Grails project. When editing .groovy or .gsp files, I'm unable to 'redo' changes. 'Undo' is working, but 'Redo' does nothing. I already had the same problem in version 3.1
    Tried it on a Win7 machine, and under Linux Mint 14. Both times with 32bit Eclipse 3.8 based version of GGTS.

I searched for that problem but found nothing, so I guess it's not a common problem. I suppose I would have found something otherwise as it is really annoying (or does really no one use the redo feature?!)

So if there is a known workaround, or it's in a bugtracker I missed, please help me out
    Thanks!
    Last edited by moeTi; Feb 4th, 2013, 05:25 AM.

I am not aware of this problem, but I can take a look at it. First, some questions:

1. Do you heave any errors in your error log? (Window -> show view -> other -> error log)
    2. Is this only in groovy and gsp editors, or do you see it in other editors (eg- java, text, etc)?
    3. What was the previous version of sts that you were using? When did you upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Eisenberg View Post
      I am not aware of this problem, but I can take a look at it. First, some questions:

1. Do you heave any errors in your error log? (Window -> show view -> other -> error log)
      2. Is this only in groovy and gsp editors, or do you see it in other editors (eg- java, text, etc)?
      3. What was the previous version of sts that you were using? When did you upgrade?
      ouch, ok, I just checked again, my fault I guess...

So it appears, under Linux the default shortcut for 'Redo' is CTRL+SHIFT+Z. In most programs I use (including GGTS under Win7), the default shortcut is CTRL+Y (on a german QWERTZ layout). This also includes Linux Libre Office. I switched to Linux not long ago, so I can't really talk about Linux programs.
      I hope I'll get used to it

Thanks for answering anyways!

Comment

Glad you got it working.

Comment

Working...
        X