Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
STS 3.1.0 no Collaboration extensions, like subclipse, available for installation Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS 3.1.0 no Collaboration extensions, like subclipse, available for installation

On a fresh install of spring-tool-suite-3.1.0.RELEASE-e3.8-win32-x86_64, I do not have any collaboration tools available, such as subversion stuff.

I did have previous version of STS installed, but deleted it.

How can I get STS to show me the extensions again?

Here's what I see:

Attachment
    Attached Files

I just discovered the error log !! (now I'm making progress --

I see several entries like the following when I click on the Extensions tab in the dashboard:

Unknown category 'org.eclipse.mylyn.discovery.directory.categories. SourceCodeManagement' referenced by connector 'org.eclipse.team.svn' declared in org.springsource.ide.eclipse.discovery-3.1.0.jar_4962566965887185166.jar

And before those errors, this is in the log:

Cannot load bundle org.eclipse.mylyn.discovery-3.6.jar&r=1_1563835255118381814.jar from url http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/dow...y-3.6.jar&r=1: error in opening zip file

java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:127)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:135)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:99)
    at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.discovery.core.model.Di scoveryRegistryStrategy.processBundle(DiscoveryReg istryStrategy.java:105)
    at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.discovery.core.model.Di scoveryRegistryStrategy.processBundles(DiscoveryRe gistryStrategy.java:94)
    at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.discovery.core.model.Di scoveryRegistryStrategy.onStart(DiscoveryRegistryS trategy.java:65)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegist ry.<init>(ExtensionRegistry.java:725)
    at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.discovery.core.model.Re moteBundleDiscoveryStrategy.performDiscovery(Remot eBundleDiscoveryStrategy.java:192)
    at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.discovery.core.model.Co nnectorDiscovery.performDiscovery(ConnectorDiscove ry.java:115)
    at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.discovery.ui.wizards.Di scoveryViewer$17.run(DiscoveryViewer.java:1500)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalCont extThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
    Does anyone know how to fix that?

Also:
    Related to the question above (which I haven't found an answer for), how can I switch from subclipse to subversive as the svn extension?
    Last edited by lili5058; Feb 4th, 2013, 10:57 AM. Reason: just discovered the error.log which contained some useful data.

Comment

Hey!

I tried the URL that is mentioned in the error report, but that seems to work for me. So it could be a temporary problem or a cached version on your local drive got corrupted, I guess. I will ask the Mylyn team for help here, they might know where that cache data is being stored.

-Martin

Comment

This morning Extensions are all there

Martin,
        Thanks for responding ...

I just tried out the Extensions this morning and everything is working as expected.
        Did the Mylyn team look into it and find some issue?

Here's what I see now:

Attachment
        Attached Files

Comment

Hey!

Glad to hear that it is working again. Looks like it was a temporary network issue... :-)
          Nothing that the Mylyn team needed to fix... :-)

Cheers,
          -Martin

Comment

Working...
          X