Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS Gradle integration and adding a dependency?

I have installed the latest milestone gradle integration:

http://static.springsource.org/sts/d...tallation.html

After importing a multi-project successfully I need to add a new dependency. But the only way I see that I can do that is by manually typing the dependency into the build.gradle file. And afterwards I needs to refresh the project to make sure the classpath is updated.

In eg. m2e you get a pop-up box where you can search the local/remote maven repositories and after adding the dependency the classpath is automatically updated.

Am I missing a view/configuration or is it simply not supported to add dependencies and get them resolved automatically?

No, you are not missing anything. The only way to add dependencies to a gradle build is by editing the gradle scripts.

The IDE could/should provide some tools to help you do that. Maybe some kind of content assist to help editing the 'dependencies' section in the build file. But there is not yet any support for that.

There is one new feature in 3.2.0.M2 that may help a little bit. There is now an option to have the tools automatically trigger the dependencies refresh every time you edit a .gradle file. This option can be enabled in the Gradle preferences page.

Kris

Comment

Working...
    X