Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
GGTS not processing grails plugin annotation; command line build works Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GGTS not processing grails plugin annotation; command line build works

    I'm having a very odd problem with a Grails project. I use the AuditTrail plugin via the normal '@gorm.AuditStamp' annotation but when I build my project from GGTS the plugin is seemingly not seen - no fields are added to annotated domain classes, and no error messages are produced. OTOH, when I build from the command line it works as desired! I'm including the plugin via the BuildConfig.groovy file with the code
    Code:
        plugins {
        	compile (
        			[name:'audit-trail',version:'2.0.2'],
    ...
    The Java Build Path does show the links to the src/groovy & src/java directories for the plugin. Other plugins are picked up just fine. I've checked & rechecked Windows permissions and see nothing different about this plugin compared to the others.

    Platform:
    Windows 7 64 bit
    JDK 1.6.0_37 64 bit
    GGTS 3.2.0.M2 (had same problem with 3.1.0)
    configured to use:
    grails-2.2.0
    groovy 2.0.6.xx-20130124-1400-e42

    Any ideas greatly appreciated!

  • #2
    I assume you have the same problem if you installed the audit-trail plugin via grails 'install plugin' command instead of the BuildConfig?

    I'm asking to determine if this a problem caused by how the plugin is installed or maybe some peculiar aspect of this particular plugin causing trouble (I suspect probably the latter, since it seems at least STS is somehow aware of the plugin already or source folders wouldn't be on the classpath).

    If we are going to delve a little deeper into this problem, which has good chance of being a problem with the tooling, I would appreciate very much if you could raise an issue on the STS issue tracker (*) and provide

    - a small sample project to demontrate the problem
    - explain some detailed steps to set it up and reproduce the problem
    - explain the expected behavior
    - explain the actual behavior (and how its different from expected).

    I will then have a look and try to reproduce / diagnose the issue further.

    Kris

    (*) https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi Kris,

      Thanks for your response, sorry for my slow reply! At this time we have moved on by removing the annotation from Domain classes & simply adding the appropriate fields manually. And with that done, all of course works as it should. But I can answer your question in the affirmative - the method of plugin installation made no difference. If I can find the time I will setup a test project to see if I can replicate the problem, and will raise an issue on issuetracker.

      Michael Blum

      Comment


      • #4
        > ... if I can replicate the problem, and will raise an issue on issuetracker.

        Thanks that would be great.

        Kris

        Comment

        Working...
        X