X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Robert,

All this proxy stuff is a bit foreign to me... and it is indeed worrysome that option #2 doesn't work for you where STS 2.9.2 on top of Eclipse 3.7 did work. That suggests there's an issue with GGTS of some sort that didn't exist before. If we can figure out what the problem is we should and try to fix it...

But... as the root problem still stands undiagnosed.

I did a bit of googling based on that NTLM error message and found this:

http://www.thinkplexx.com/learn/arti...ion-from-linux
    http://cntlm.sourceforge.net/

Perhaps setting up cntlm to take care of the proxying outside of GGTS may work.
    Basically it looks like you can use 'cntlm' to create a more standard kind of proxy on localhost to bypass the Corporate ntlm Microsoft proxy authentication.

Although that doesn't really solve the underlying issue in GGTS, maybe if it work, it might be a way for you to at least get working again.

Kris

Comment

Hi Kris,

sorry for getting back so late. I was busy with other things, but I have good news. IT WORKS

Using cntlm as tunnel for our NTLM Proxy did the trick. I am now able to connect to the repositories and see the RSS feeds. So it really seems to be a bug in GGTS because my older version of STS is still able to connect to our proxy directly.

Anyways, thanks for pointing me to the right direction.

I will add this information to the Grails JIRA database, just in case someone else is having the same issues.

Cheers,
      Robert

Comment

I'm glad you got things working.

> I will add this information to the Grails JIRA database ...

Thanks Robert, that would be great!

Kris

Comment

Problem connecting to internet

Originally posted by Kris De Volder View Post
          I'm glad you got things working.

> I will add this information to the Grails JIRA database ...

Thanks Robert, that would be great!

Kris
          Hi ,

I am having the same problem using GGTS 3.2.

Please do let me know if there is a work around to this other than using cntlm?

Regards
          Vinod

Comment

> Please do let me know if there is a work around to this other than using cntlm?

My guess is that is really an issue with the Eclipse NTLM proxy handling or credentials rather than an GGTS / STS bug. It might be that trying another download of GGTS based on Eclipse 3.8 or 4.2 rather than 4.3 works better. It is worth a try, especially the 3.8 based build, but it may not work either.

I'm sorry to say but other than that there's no other workaround that I know of.

It is worth trying if you experience the same connectivity issue with a Vanilla Eclipse to confirm the problem is in Eclipse or something that STS introduced.

Comment

I went looking in Eclipse bugzilla database and found this. This may be the problem that people with ntlm proxies are experiencing.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=367960

At least one person on this thread here seems to say they get the same problem with a plain Eclipse. So to get resolution on this issue I think it has to be fixed in Eclipse. It isn't something we can fix in STS / GGTS.

Kris

Comment

> Nope. Still the same behavior.

Well at least its good to know...

Could I impose on you a bit more to try out a fresh Vanilla Eclipse 4.3 and/or 3.8 in your particular network environment? (I am afraid it is really hard for me to verify this stuff because we don't experience the problem).

I'm still inclined to think problem isn't so much in difference between STS / GGTS but in the Eclipse versions they are based on. So if you could try Vanilla eclipse 3.8 and 4.2 configured in similar way as your problem GGTS then it might confirm whether the problem is in Eclipse or in GGTS.

With that knowledge we may then go on to either file a bug with Eclipse or GGTS / STS. If it does turn out to be an STS/GGTS bug I will look into myself. But I will probably need more help from you to try and setup something locally that I can reproduce the bug.

Kris

Comment

Working...
                X