Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem connecting to the internet with GGTS 3.1.0.RELEASE

Hi all,

we are having some major issues to connect to the internet using GGTS 3.1.0.RELEASE.
    Our previous installation (STS 2.9.2.RELEASE) which is still installed on the same machine (in another directory) and configured the exact same way does not have any problems contacting the internet.

We are running on Linux behind a proxy. The network settings are correct (host, port, username and password) for both HTTP and HTTPS. SOCKS is not available with our proxy so I cleared the SOCKS setting as suggested on multiple other sites, but to no avail.

Again, from my point of view both the STS and the GGTS installation are configured in the exact same way, but only the STS installation is able to connect to the internet. GGTS just tells me there is something wrong with the network and that I should check the configuration. So to me it looks like the problem lies within the GGTS rather than a general network issue on this machine.

Are there any logs I could check to find some detailed information on what might go wrong here? Does anybody have similar issues with GGTS 3.1.0.RELEASE ?

I can provide screenshots, logs or anything that might help to analyze this. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Robert

Hey Robert!

Can you open the Error Log view inside GGTS and tell us if there is anything related to your problem? If so, the stack traces might help to figure out what is going wrong here.

Thanks,
    -Martin

Comment

Hi Martin,

just did a quick export of the error.log:

Code:
      !SESSION 2013-01-23 10:27:01.617 -----------------------------------------------
      eclipse.buildId=3.1.0.201210061306-RELEASE-e42
      java.version=1.7.0_11
      java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
      BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=de_DE
      Framework arguments:  -product org.springsource.ggts.ide
      Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86 -product org.springsource.ggts.ide

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2013-01-23 10:27:11.192
      !MESSAGE System property http.proxyHost is not set but should be webproxy.uniserv.de.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2013-01-23 10:27:11.197
      !MESSAGE System property http.proxyPort is not set but should be 8080.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2013-01-23 10:27:11.198
      !MESSAGE System property https.proxyHost is not set but should be webproxy.uniserv.de.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2013-01-23 10:27:11.198
      !MESSAGE System property https.proxyPort is not set but should be 8080.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2013-01-23 10:27:11.199
      !MESSAGE System property https.proxyHost is not set but should be webproxy.uniserv.de.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2013-01-23 10:27:11.200

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 1 2013-01-23 10:27:13.627
      !MESSAGE NLS unused message: CacheManager_CannotLoadNonUrlLocation in: org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.messages

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.transport.ecf 4 1002 2013-01-23 10:27:13.633
      !MESSAGE HTTP Proxy Authentication Required: http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno/content.xml
      !STACK 1
      org.eclipse.ecf.filetransfer.BrowseFileTransferException: Proxy auth required
              at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.browse.URLFileSystemBrowser.runRequest(URLFileSystemBrowser.java:129)
              at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.browse.AbstractFileSystemBrowser$DirectoryJob.run(AbstractFileSystemBrowser.java:69)
              at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:53)
      !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ecf.identity 4 0 2013-01-23 10:27:13.635
      !MESSAGE Proxy auth required

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.transport.ecf 4 1002 2013-01-23 10:27:14.623
      !MESSAGE HTTP Proxy Authentication Required: http://dist.springsource.com/release/TOOLS/update/e4.2/content.xml
      !STACK 1
              at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.browse.URLFileSystemBrowser.runRequest(URLFileSystemBrowser.java:129)
              at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.browse.AbstractFileSystemBrowser$DirectoryJob.run(AbstractFileSystemBrowser.java:69)
      !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ecf.identity 4 0 2013-01-23 10:27:14.624

!ENTRY org.springsource.ide.eclipse.commons.frameworks.core 0 0 2013-01-23 10:27:18.936
      !MESSAGE Result of converting legacy STS 2.x workspace preferences to 3.x
      !SUBENTRY 1 org.springsource.ide.eclipse.commons.frameworks.core 0 0 2013-01-23 10:27:18.936
      !MESSAGE Converted legacy STS plugin preferences
      !SUBENTRY 1 unknown 0 0 2013-01-23 10:27:18.936
      !MESSAGE OK
      !SUBENTRY 1 org.springsource.ide.eclipse.commons.frameworks.core 0 0 2013-01-23 10:27:18.936
      !MESSAGE Converted legacy Roo plugin state locations
      !MESSAGE Converted legacy STS plugin state locations
      !SESSION 2013-01-23 10:29:22.621 -----------------------------------------------
      eclipse.buildId=3.1.0.201210061306-RELEASE-e42
      java.version=1.7.0_11
      java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
      BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=de_DE
      Framework arguments:  -product org.springsource.ggts.ide
      Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86 -product org.springsource.ggts.ide

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2013-01-23 10:29:36.025
      !MESSAGE System property http.proxyHost is not set but should be webproxy.uniserv.de.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2013-01-23 10:29:36.029

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2013-01-23 10:29:36.030

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2013-01-23 10:29:36.030

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2013-01-23 10:29:36.033

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2013-01-23 10:29:36.034

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 1 2013-01-23 10:29:40.178
      !MESSAGE NLS unused message: CacheManager_CannotLoadNonUrlLocation in: org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.messages

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.transport.ecf 4 1002 2013-01-23 10:29:40.606
      !MESSAGE HTTP Proxy Authentication Required: http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno/content.xml
      !STACK 1
      !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ecf.identity 4 0 2013-01-23 10:29:40.607

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.transport.ecf 4 1002 2013-01-23 10:29:44.191
      !MESSAGE HTTP Proxy Authentication Required: http://dist.springsource.com/release/TOOLS/update/e4.2/content.xml
      !STACK 1
      !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ecf.identity 4 0 2013-01-23 10:29:44.191
      a.s.o.
      So to me it seems that GGTS obviously ignores the network settings for username and password. These settings are stored in the secure_storage. So here's what I tried:

1.) Shut down GGTS
      2.) Startup GGTS and when asked for the Secure Storage Password, I repeatedly clicked Cancel until the GGTS dashboard was visible.
      3.) After doing so the RSS feeds were populated with data and I assume this was just because the secure storage was not in involved in setting up the internet connection.

Sadly I am unable to work in this state since the secure storage still asks for my password and the GGTS is blocked by this. After typing in my secure storage password, the RSS data in the dashboard suddenly disappears and the "Check network connection" warning is displayed again.

It seems to me that the secure storage is involved in this issue. The setting inside the secure storage for user and password are corrected (triple checked). I also completely deleted the secure storage and set it up again but this did not help either. Still, without the secure storage the RSS feeds seem to come through but when entering my master secure storage password, the internet connection seems to be lost.

Cheers,
      Robert

Comment

Hey Robert!

Thanks for this further analysis of the problem. STS/Eclipse has a preference where you can disable the integration with the native secure store, maybe that would help here? (Preferences -> General -> Security -> Secure Storage)

HTH,
        -Martin

Comment

Hi Martin,

I can't find any option to disable the secure storage completely but if by disabling you mean unchecking the secure storage provider (in my case only UI Prompt), then nope, tried that already.

In fact this does not seem to have an effect at all. When unchecking UI Prompt and restarting GGTS I am still asked for the secure storage password. I have a strange feeling that this might have something to do with the old STS installation on this machine (which, by the way, is still able to connect to the internet without problems). After all they are both working with the same secure storage location, don't they (/home/<username>/.eclipse/org.eclipse.equinox.security/secure_storage) ?

Any other ideas ? Oh, and thanks for your help

Cheers,
          Robert
          Last edited by Warpcore; Jan 25th, 2013, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Hey Robert!

Since you are on Linux, this might contain more useful information for you:
            https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=328682

Although it is kind of strange that one Eclipse instance works and the other doesn't...

HTH,
            -Martin

Comment

Hi Martin,

when deleting the secure storage as described in the provided link, the network settings are not stored at all

The messages in my error log are the same (missing user and password) and in addition I now have some exceptions regarding the missing secure storage:

Code:
              !STACK 0
              org.eclipse.equinox.security.storage.StorageException: No secure storage modules found.
                      at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.security.storage.PasswordProviderSelector.findStorageModule(PasswordProviderSelector.java:190)
                      at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.security.storage.SecurePreferencesRoot.getModulePassword(SecurePreferencesRoot.java:231)
                      at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.security.storage.SecurePreferencesRoot.getPassword(SecurePreferencesRoot.java:224)
                      at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.security.storage.SecurePreferences.put(SecurePreferences.java:224)
                      at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.security.storage.SecurePreferencesWrapper.put(SecurePreferencesWrapper.java:110)
                      at org.eclipse.core.internal.net.ProxyType.saveProxyAuth(ProxyType.java:550)
                      at org.eclipse.core.internal.net.ProxyType.setProxyData(ProxyType.java:154)
                      at org.eclipse.core.internal.net.ProxyManager.internalSetProxyData(ProxyManager.java:201)
                      at org.eclipse.core.internal.net.ProxyManager.doSetProxyData(ProxyManager.java:189)
                      at org.eclipse.core.internal.net.ProxyManager.setProxyData(ProxyManager.java:183)
                      at org.eclipse.core.internal.net.ProxySelector.setProxyData(ProxySelector.java:106)
                      at org.eclipse.ui.internal.net.ProxyEntriesComposite.performApply(ProxyEntriesComposite.java:297)
                      at org.eclipse.ui.internal.net.ProxyPreferencePage.performApply(ProxyPreferencePage.java:101)
                      at org.eclipse.ui.internal.net.ProxyPreferencePage.performOk(ProxyPreferencePage.java:117)
                      at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog$13.run(PreferenceDialog.java:965)
                      at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
                      at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:49)
                      at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:175)
                      at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog.okPressed(PreferenceDialog.java:945)
                      at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.FilteredPreferenceDialog.okPressed(FilteredPreferenceDialog.java:448)
                      at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.WorkbenchPreferenceDialog.okPressed(WorkbenchPreferenceDialog.java:171)
                      at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog.buttonPressed(PreferenceDialog.java:233)
                      at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:624)
                      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:248)
                      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
                      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1276)
                      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3554)
                      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3179)
                      at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)
                      at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
                      at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.WorkbenchPreferenceDialog.open(WorkbenchPreferenceDialog.java:215)
                      at org.eclipse.ui.internal.OpenPreferencesAction.run(OpenPreferencesAction.java:65)
                      at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:498)
                      at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
                      at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
                      at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
                      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
                      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1276)
                      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3554)
                      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3179)
                      at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1029)
                      at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
                      at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:923)
                      at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:86)
                      at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:588)
                      at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
                      at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:543)
                      at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
                      at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:124)
                      at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
                      at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
                      at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
                      at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353)
                      at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180)
                      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
                      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
                      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
                      at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)
                      at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)
                      at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)
                      at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1414)
              Does this help ?

Cheers,
              Robert

Comment

A long shot here... but maybe this problem is something to do with Eclipse 4.2.
                You could give a GGTS build based on Eclipse 3.8 a try.

Many people have problems with Eclipse 4.2 on Linux. I haven't heard about this particular problem, but maybe its worth a try (assuming you aren't already using a 3.8 based STS build).

Kris

Comment

Kris,

since I am unable to work with GGTS in its current state, I will give it a try and report back.

Cheers,
                  Robert

Comment

Hi Kris,

Originally posted by Kris De Volder View Post
                    A long shot here... but maybe this problem is something to do with Eclipse 4.2.
                    You could give a GGTS build based on Eclipse 3.8 a try.
                    Nope. Still the same behavior. I am unable to connect to the internet with the error message being "HTTP Proxy Authentication required"

Comment

Hi all,

I'm having the same problem with Windows 7 64 bits.

The STS loads the proxy configuration, but it doesn't keep user and password. So, i can't work with STS behind the proxy in the corporative network.
                      Last edited by manuelcr; Feb 3rd, 2013, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Hi Warpcore,

I'm not sure how to help you further. Right now I am running a GGTS 3.2.0.M2 instance on a 32 bit Ubuntu 10.04. As far as I can tell the Secure Storage works fine for me, but since I'm not behind a proxy I don't know if *that* would work for me.

My sense from going back through all the posts in this thread is that Secure Storage itself is actually working ok for you (with the 'UI provider' enabled).

I don't seem to have any other options myself than to use the 'UI provider'. I think this means you have to enter the master password once per Eclipse/GGTS session.

I don't think that is the problem. Rather it seems maybe some wires are getting crossed with the Eclipse network connector libraries actually using the info from secure storage to configure your proxies.

I fear sending you on another wild-goose chase, but... have you tried a 'plain' instance of Eclipse. It would be interesting to determine if a plain Eclipse also has similar issues when you configure proxies the same way.

If it does then I guess we are most likely dealing with some Eclipse bug. If not, then something in GGTS is messing this up.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for all the trouble you are having with this.

Kris

Comment

Kris,

thanks for getting back. I tried installing the Juno Standard SDK (4.2.1). Then I configured my network connection both with or without secure storage. The behavior is pretty much the same. Here are the last lines of the error log when trying to search for updates:

Code:
                          !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.transport.ecf 4 1002 2013-02-05 10:25:03.251
                          !MESSAGE Unable to read repository at http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno/201209280900/content.jar.
                          !STACK 0
                          java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
                                  at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:155)
                                  at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:229)
                                  at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:267)
                                  at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:324)
                                  at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:658)
                                  at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:607)
                                  at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:734)
                                  at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:607)
                                  at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1140)
                                  at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.UrlConnectionRetrieveFileTransfer.getDecompressedStream(UrlConnectionRetrieveFileTransfer.java:542)
                                  at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.UrlConnectionRetrieveFileTransfer.openStreams(UrlConnectionRetrieveFileTransfer.java:312)
                                  at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.sendRetrieveRequest(AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.java:879)
                                  at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.sendRetrieveRequest(AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.java:570)
                                  at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.MultiProtocolRetrieveAdapter.sendRetrieveRequest(MultiProtocolRetrieveAdapter.java:106)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.FileReader.sendRetrieveRequest(FileReader.java:422)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.FileReader.readInto(FileReader.java:355)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.RepositoryTransport.download(RepositoryTransport.java:101)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.RepositoryTransport.download(RepositoryTransport.java:156)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.CacheManager.updateCache(CacheManager.java:345)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.CacheManager.createCache(CacheManager.java:208)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.SimpleMetadataRepositoryFactory.getLocalFile(SimpleMetadataRepositoryFactory.java:66)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.SimpleMetadataRepositoryFactory.load(SimpleMetadataRepositoryFactory.java:88)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager.factoryLoad(MetadataRepositoryManager.java:57)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.loadRepository(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:758)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.loadRepository(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:651)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager.loadRepository(MetadataRepositoryManager.java:96)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager.loadRepository(MetadataRepositoryManager.java:92)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.CompositeMetadataRepository.addChild(CompositeMetadataRepository.java:165)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.CompositeMetadataRepository.<init>(CompositeMetadataRepository.java:105)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.CompositeMetadataRepositoryFactory.load(CompositeMetadataRepositoryFactory.java:122)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager.factoryLoad(MetadataRepositoryManager.java:57)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.loadRepository(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:758)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.loadRepository(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:651)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager.loadRepository(MetadataRepositoryManager.java:96)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager.loadRepository(MetadataRepositoryManager.java:92)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine.ProvisioningContext.loadMetadataRepository(ProvisioningContext.java:211)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine.ProvisioningContext.getLoadedMetadataRepositories(ProvisioningContext.java:194)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine.ProvisioningContext.getMetadata(ProvisioningContext.java:275)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.SimplePlanner.updatesFor(SimplePlanner.java:777)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations.UpdateOperation.updatesFor(UpdateOperation.java:143)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations.UpdateOperation.computeProfileChangeRequest(UpdateOperation.java:180)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations.UpdateOperation$1.run(UpdateOperation.java:324)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.operations.SearchForUpdatesResolutionJob.runModal(SearchForUpdatesResolutionJob.java:37)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations.ProfileChangeOperation.resolveModal(ProfileChangeOperation.java:115)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.ui.sdk.UpdateHandler.doPostLoadBackgroundWork(UpdateHandler.java:49)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.ui.sdk.PreloadingRepositoryHandler$2.runModal(PreloadingRepositoryHandler.java:87)
                                  at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations.ProvisioningJob.run(ProvisioningJob.java:177)
                          !SESSION 2013-02-05 10:25:23.054 -----------------------------------------------
                          eclipse.buildId=M20120914-1800
                          java.fullversion=J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 Linux amd64-64 j9vmxa6423-20111019 (JIT enabled)
                          J9VM - 20111017_92807_LHdSMr
                          JIT  - 20110916_20782_r8
                          GC   - 20110524_AA
                          BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=de_DE
                          Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2013-02-05 10:25:33.111
                          !MESSAGE System property http.proxyHost is not set but should be webproxy.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2013-02-05 10:25:33.113

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2013-02-05 10:25:33.115
                          !MESSAGE System property https.proxyHost is not set but should be webproxy.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2013-02-05 10:25:33.115

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2013-02-05 10:25:33.119
                          !MESSAGE System property https.proxyHost is not set but should be webproxy.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2013-02-05 10:25:33.119
                          In addition I get the following messages on the shell where eclipse was started:

Code:
                          05.02.2013 10:20:01 org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.AuthChallengeProcessor selectAuthScheme
                          INFO: ntlm authentication scheme selected
                          05.02.2013 10:20:01 org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector processProxyAuthChallenge
                          INFO: No credentials available for NTLM <any realm>@webproxy:8080
                          05.02.2013 10:20:39 org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection releaseConnection
                          WARNUNG: HttpConnectionManager is null.  Connection cannot be released.
                          05.02.2013 10:22:02 org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.AuthChallengeProcessor selectAuthScheme
                          05.02.2013 10:22:02 org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector processProxyAuthChallenge
                          05.02.2013 10:22:43 org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection releaseConnection
                          05.02.2013 10:23:40 org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.AuthChallengeProcessor selectAuthScheme
                          05.02.2013 10:23:40 org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector processProxyAuthChallenge
                          05.02.2013 10:25:19 org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection releaseConnection
                          Does this help ?

I tried the STS 2.9.2 network connection and it still works(!)

Cheers,
                          Robert

Comment

Hey Robert!

I am kind of in the same position as Kris, not experiencing the problem myself. But it is quite strange that it worked with STS 2.9.2, but doesn't work anymore with GGTS 3.1.0 or the latest Eclipse installation. To further identify the issue, we could try additional cases:

#1: does this work again with Eclipse Juno SDK 4.2.2 (the latest RC builds)?
                            #2: you could use GGTS 3.1.0.RELEASE on top of Eclipse 3.7 from here:
                            http://download.springsource.com/rel...nux-gtk.tar.gz
                            http://download.springsource.com/rel...-x86_64.tar.gz

That GGTS build is using the same Eclipse version as 2.9.2. We don't extensively test those older builds, therefore they aren't promoted anymore as preferred downloads, but in your case it would make sense to give it a try, I think.

HTH,
                            Martin

Comment

Hi Martin,

option #2 did not work for me. Still having the same problems. I could not find a download for option #1 but instead I downloaded eclipse SDK 4.3M4: No success. But what I got is the following output on my shell when trying to search for updates:

Code:
                              06.02.2013 11:24:08 org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.AuthChallengeProcessor selectAuthScheme
                              06.02.2013 11:24:08 org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector processProxyAuthChallenge
                              Could this point to something more specific ?

Cheers,
                              Robert

Comment

Working...
                              X