X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just setup a simple project with SpringIDE and no aspects

I am using spring tool suite on Ubuntu12. Not the spring ide from the update site but the actual spring tool suite.

I wanted to start a spring roo project and I can't see the aspect files in my project. If I setup aspectJ project I can see the aspectJ files. How do I see them?

I started the project by selecting 'spring roo' and then went through the command line steps on the spring root page. Everything mostly works but just can't see the *.aj files. I tried different perspectives and have the same problem.

One note: when I created the spring roo project, it couldn't resolve the 'spring' classes. I did 'update maven dependencies/project' and that seemed to solve that problem. I don't know if that was a valid fix or not.

Hey!

Originally posted by berlinbrown2 View Post
    I wanted to start a spring roo project and I can't see the aspect files in my project. If I setup aspectJ project I can see the aspectJ files. How do I see them?
    Please take a look at the "Filters..." settings in your package explorer (or the "Customize... Filters..." in the project explorer). There are items activated for hiding those aspects. Deactivating those items will show you the aspects that Roo generates.

Originally posted by berlinbrown2 View Post
    One note: when I created the spring roo project, it couldn't resolve the 'spring' classes. I did 'update maven dependencies/project' and that seemed to solve that problem. I don't know if that was a valid fix or not.
    That should happen automatically, but I know that in some rare cases this doesn't work. So your fix ("update maven dependencies") is perfectly fine in this case.

HTH,
    Martin

Comment

Thanks, that did it

That was it.

Originally posted by Martin Lippert View Post
      Hey!

Please take a look at the "Filters..." settings in your package explorer (or the "Customize... Filters..." in the project explorer). There are items activated for hiding those aspects. Deactivating those items will show you the aspects that Roo generates.

That should happen automatically, but I know that in some rare cases this doesn't work. So your fix ("update maven dependencies") is perfectly fine in this case.

HTH,
      Martin

Comment

Working...
      X